Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Price

Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price

Does anyone think that you will be able to get a price close to sticker on the 2009 models, or will the dealers try to charge more?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Price

Because the demand for the 2008 Challenger was much greater than anticipated, there will be a number of unfilled orders. It is rumored that these buyers will get the first 2009s.

Orders for the 2009s will probably be taken in June. You can try to order earlier, but I suggest that you wait until December. That is what I plan to do.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:46 AM

What is the reasoning to wait until December?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:01 AM

In order to satisfy some of the initial demand. Supply will be higher. Simple economics tells us supply and demand drives pricing.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:33 AM
mac

December is an excellent time to purchase a vehicle. Dealerships need to get rid of the inventory and affects the number of units sold for the year. By the time of late December, the car will already be out for 6 months (R/T) and the first on the block folks have already purchased, so hopefully the demand will be still fairly good for the DODGE boys but steady. However if the production is still somewhat slow and a big demand, then the car could still fetch a bit more than what some folks (me) want to pay. Another variable is fuel prices. If oil goes to 125 to 150, all bets are off regarding price and the general public demand for the Challenger.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 AM

I like the R/T enough to pay what (I think) will be the MSPR, but I don't think demand for this car will be THAT hot. They should just produce what the demand is and sell as many as they can...and do it quickly. Gas prices on the roof, economic recession looming, Chrysler on hard times...need to match demand (based on MSPR) and maximize revenues NOW.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:47 AM
mac

I think you did a great job summarizing all the potential difficulties facing this car. Recession and high fuel prices, get ready for some good deals. Glad I am not forking over 20 G's over MSRP just to get this car first.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:05 AM

But if you get it first it probibly wont depreciate like the 09s on will
Old 01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Who cares unless you are in your 20's many of us older guys will be dead. I say ride and ride it hard and enjoy it while you can.

The Challenger is not a trailer queen.

Remember only a very select few older Challengers are really worth anything. Very few of us here will get the 08's that might be worth something 30 years from now.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Jeremiah has said it eloquently for a bunch of us older folks. I have worked long enough to treat myself on this, but not looking for this to be an investment, but for my enjoyment. Granted, living in Seattle I'm not looking to drive it in the bad weather, but this is not gonna be a garage car looking to be of some value in the future. Handing it down to my kids woould be of greater enjoyment and value to me and them remembering what their Pop went through to not only get his dream car, but of the rides in it withn him as well.

Quick Reply: Price