Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Questions.. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/questions-347/)

orkork 07-02-2006 11:14 PM

Questions..

For the challenger, rear wheel drive, front wheel, allwheel??? Will there be an auto, or just sticks?

bored out 07-03-2006 09:12 AM

RE: Questions..

Rear Wheel

No one can say what trannies will be available yet?

Jeremiah 29:11 07-03-2006 09:48 AM

My guess is rear wheel only with eventually both auto and stick tranny.

74B5Blue 07-03-2006 10:26 AM

Because the challenger chassis is 4" shorter than the 300, magnum and charger, all wheel drive seems like a no go to me.

1 Bad Mirada 07-03-2006 11:21 AM

i cant imagine an AWD system in the challenger...but we may eventually see auto and manual transmissions...i think that it should only come with a manual.

wallstreetman 07-03-2006 11:31 AM

Anything other than rear wheel is not a possibility! Auto will become available.

orkork 07-03-2006 03:03 PM

Ok thanks, i was planning to get one when they came out but my drive from college to home for breaks and summer demands a all-wheel, I have a Ram 2500, but a Challenger is not out of the picture yet. Thanks

xs29j8 07-03-2006 05:06 PM

I decided to try the Dr Z question route to inquire about drivetrain options...

My question...

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
New Vehicle Information - ASKDRZ Brand Site Brief Description:

Challenger Question - Will both the 5.7 Hemi with MDS and 6.1 Hemi be offered in the new Challenger R/T as well as 5 Speed Autostick or 6 Speed Manual options? BTW, Thanks DCX for making the Challenger production announcement!

DCX response...

Dear Allen:
Thanks for contacting Dr.Z. Your message has been forwarded to us for response. The all-new Dodge Challenger will make its debut as a 2008 model, in calendar-year 2008. It will have the available 5.7-liter or SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engines coupled to either a five-speed manual transmission or five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick

Check it out at www.dodge.com

Thanks again for your "Z"mail.

Sincerely,

Pat
Senior Staff Representative
Dr.Z's Customer Action Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will probably opt for the 5 Speed Automatic, but I am amazed that they would go with a 5 Speed Manual instead of a 6 Speed...

XS

bored out 07-03-2006 05:34 PM

WOW!!! Way to go!

That makes perfect sense. If the Challenger had the Viper 6-speed manual cost would go way up but if a 5 speed is used it could be priced much lower. Good Info!

The low $30's still have a chance!

I think the 5.7 could be the low $30's and the 6.1 would be low $40's, estimate, but that would put the Challenger in line with the Charger SRT-8 and the 6.1 Challenger model inline with the GT500 at $40-43.

awsure 07-03-2006 06:19 PM

I am amazed that you got an answer from the Dr. Z thing on Challenger. I would think that those decisions are not set in stone yet. Still a lot of time between now & production.