Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Rudy's car crapped out again. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/rudys-car-crapped-out-again-6127/)

Rudy61SRT8 02-22-2009 02:44 PM

Rudy's car crapped out again.

Third time it's happened 2nd time documented.

I was making a U turn , slowed to about 20 and the car just cut off , I pulled to the side (or rolled) and the oil light was on (got oil changed yesterday) , I had almost a half tank of gas.

This is the third time and i'm really not happy , I just had a 92 point inspection yesterday along with my oil change ... I don't understand but it's at the dealer to be seen first in the morning until then i'm in this POS rental mustang for 400 a week.

Rudy61SRT8 02-22-2009 02:45 PM

RE: Rudy's car crapped out again.

note an R/T owner reported this as well.

JJMPB 02-22-2009 03:31 PM

thats sucks man hoepfully they can find the problem and it is nothing major

BkChallenger09R/T 02-22-2009 05:11 PM

Did the car miss or choke down. My R/T with 6 speed did that. The engine check light stayed on for about a day. Then went out on it's own. When the dealer looked at it. They told me it had thrown a code on the crank sensor. They had a TSB on it I believe . To reset it and see if it happened again . That was 6000 miles ago . So far so good.

kevin2323 02-22-2009 06:53 PM

engine check lights always turn on for no reason...its bs...now the shut off that is wierd...i heard there was a recall for some sort of wire.......you should check that outl.

wallstreetman 02-23-2009 06:01 AM

I don't understand but it's at the dealer to be seen first in the morning until then i'm in this POS rental mustang for 400 a week.
This is one of the reasons I like Toyota, FREE loaner/rental car!

Rudy61SRT8 02-23-2009 07:34 AM

Stalling out on the Palmetto Expressway = Death.

not taking the car back , they just called and can't find anything wrong looks like I will be getting a new challenger so who cares !

JJMPB 02-23-2009 08:33 AM

thats good to hear

Rudy61SRT8 02-23-2009 12:54 PM

They are saying there is an APB about this for Chrysler Products just "Cutting off".

Spark Plugs / Coils being replaced should get car back tommorow they say this is the fix...

if it happens again it will have been documented 3 times and qualify for lemon law in f l

Riptide 02-23-2009 01:19 PM

I don't understand but it's at the dealer to be seen first in the morning until then i'm in this POS rental mustang for 400 a week.
Anyone else get the irony here? And this has nothing to do with the fact I have a "POS" mustang.