Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Stolen 2008 SRT (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/stolen-2008-srt-5376/)

Cuda340 11-19-2008 02:13 PM

Stolen 2008 SRT

Did you hear about the 2008 Challenger SRT that got stolen from a Kansas City Dodge dealership last month. Apparently someone swiped the key from a wall hook after it had just been washed. The guy really drove it "like he sole it," but the cops eventually caught him and the car was returned with minor damage. I guess that its hard not to be noticed when driving around in a hemi-orange SRT. Here is the full article:

Thief Steals Car To Be Sold For Charity
2008 SRT8 Dodge Challenger Stolen From Raytown Dealership

POSTED: 9:47 pm CDT September 17, 2008
UPDATED: 10:21 pm CDT September 18, 2008

RAYTOWN, Mo. A Kansas City man is accused of stealing a car that was to be sold for charity and then leading police on a high-speed chase.

The brand-new 2008 SRT8 Dodge Challenger was stolen from the Raytown Dodge dealership on Wednesday. A tag on its dashboard said it was only the 186th one ever made.

"I said, 'How could this happen?'" said Mike Crawford with Raytown Dodge.

Crawford said the Challenger was to be auctioned off for Royals charities. Other Dodge dealers in the area had chipped in to buy it.

"There was a lot of pressure on myself to find the car, since it disappeared from me. There's a lot of Dodge dealers around the metro that helped pay for this vehicle, as I did," Crawford told KMBC's Martin Augustine.

Raytown police spotted the car and gave chase, but the driver was going too fast.

The car sparked a city-wide hunt.

Meanwhile, some other Raytown police officers found a suspected stolen vehicle in a neighborhood not far from the Raytown Dodge dealership.

The officers said they spotted a man walking toward them with a gas can. He asked the police what they were doing to his car.

When officers asked if the mad had the keys to the car, he pulled out a set, but the keys weren't for the car on the street, they were for the stolen Dodge Challenger, police said.

The Challenger was recovered in south Kansas City

"Super relief. Super relief," Crawford said.

The thief had swiped the Challenger as it was being washed at the dealership by grabbing the keys from a hook on the wall. Police said the man may have been scoping out the dealership for a while.

The car will need some touch-up work, and then it will be auctioned off for charity next week.

Jeremy Randle was charged with stealing a motor vehicle, drug trafficking and resisting arrest.

mopar2ya 11-19-2008 04:56 PM

RE: Stolen 2008 SRT

Damn crack heads... [:@]

JJMPB 11-19-2008 06:13 PM

lol

Challenger One 11-20-2008 03:14 AM

If your going to steal a Challenger your going to stick out reallly bad better hide it quick. somebody had no brains

trev 11-20-2008 09:52 AM

seriously tho, that article is right.

this car can out compete a crown vic very easily.

BLK 6050 11-20-2008 04:28 PM

Sure adds new meaning to "drive it like you stole it!"

brucer41 11-21-2008 05:17 AM

I think once there are quite a few in normal traffic etc. these cars will be hard to steal. Not, hard as in taking it but hard as in getting away and hiding it. Have to admit, a bright Orange car like this sure stands out no matter where you go with it.

mac 11-21-2008 05:12 PM

Actually Meth heads

mopar2ya 11-21-2008 05:53 PM

Sorry... my mistake... [8D]

Guess maybe I should lighten up on the glue abit... :D