Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   sunroof or no sunroof... (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/sunroof-no-sunroof-2134/)

my challenger 12-10-2007 04:24 PM

sunroof or no sunroof...

I've got an 08 on order...didn't get the sunroof option....but reconsidering...opinions?

hemi orange with 20s and nav

HEMI04 12-10-2007 04:49 PM

RE: sunroof or no sunroof...

if the hood shape lines were different i think it would look awesome with the glassback roof like the 05+ saleen

mac 12-10-2007 07:59 PM

I was debating this myself and think the sunroof might make it look "dorky". Not sure if it would go with the car, however I have the advantage of waiting to purchase mine in 09, so will have a chance to compare both models (sunroof or solid roof). I understand your concern but would go with your gut instinct. Why did you decide not to order it with the sunroof? That question might help you with this situation.

DSkippy 12-11-2007 05:34 AM

Excellent point, Mac. Patience has it rewards!

Cuda340 12-11-2007 06:35 AM

I think you made the right decision. The sunroof adds nothing to the car but a $900 additional expense and the potential for future water leaks.

Mikesan 12-11-2007 08:54 AM

I'd have most likely opted for it. But will wait to sit in one before making final decision. Moonroofs tend to cut into head room which is my main reservation with them. On the black car you'll have a hard time even seeing it while it will stand out on the silver and orange.

Jeremiah 29:11 12-11-2007 03:16 PM

The sunroof adds nothing to the car but a $900 additional expense and the potential for future water leaks.
My thoughts exactly. The roof is more solid and secure.

Look at what happend to my friends truck a week ago by this small car.

It reasons like this I do not prefer a hole in my roof or a convertible.

I would like to keep my head on my shoulders.....thank you very much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/21B593BB4F6741D59174CB72DFAC3918.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/2F26DD6524164FA4833A26D263CBAB64.jpg[/IMG]

RLSH700 12-11-2007 03:29 PM

I'm a little undecided on whether or not I want one. My dad's car has one and I wish my current car had one, but the safety is an issue as is the potentially leaking issue. I will probably get one and pay for it later.;)

BootCamp 12-11-2007 04:03 PM

Both my Cruiser and my wife's Charger R/T have sunrooves...... we rarely use them. Neither one leaks....my Cruiser is an '01, the Charger R/T is an '06.
No sunroof on my Challenger - windows down, or AC on.
;)

RLSH700 12-11-2007 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Both my Cruiser and my wife's Charger R/T have sunrooves...... we rarely use them. Neither one leaks....my Cruiser is an '01, the Charger R/T is an '06.
No sunroof on my Challenger - windows down, or AC on.
;)
We're talking in the very long haul, many years down the road. The seals will eventually get bad and it will eventually leak. It's also like power windows. If you use them a lot they will eventually have problems with not wanting to go all the way down, not wanting to go all the way up, not sealing properly, etc. The same issues will eventually happen to a sunroof depending on how much you use it.