Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Synthetic Lubes in Chally (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/synthetic-lubes-chally-2469/)

Overpowered 02-04-2008 09:11 PM

Synthetic Lubes in Chally

OK who is switching to synthetic lubes in the Challenger?

If you are or have experience in what has worked in other SRT's (e.g. Charger), please fill in on process - break in XX miles on petroleum lube, flush with YY, put in zz synthetic lube, etc.?

I used Mobil 1 synthetic in my Conquest TSI (87) and it sure kept that engine and especially that Turbo running like new (oil always looked golden).

results of synthetic lubes on other fluids (trans, rear, brakes, etc.)

Eric

Jeremiah 29:11 02-04-2008 09:13 PM

RE: Synthetic Lubes in Chally

I plan to use Royal Purple through out the life of the engine.

jockomikey 02-04-2008 09:27 PM

Amsoil looks good to me...amsoil test:)

jockomikey 02-04-2008 09:31 PM

Click on "amsoil test" scroll down and view amsoil 28 page test against many other oils... Pretty cool.

Cuda340 02-05-2008 03:35 AM

I plan to use Mobil 1. That is what comes with the SRTs. It is a quality oil that is reasonably priced. Most of the owners of SRT Chargers are using it with great success.

DSkippy 02-05-2008 05:27 AM

I've heard only good things about Amsoil. First pass was on a motorcycle forum where the person said it was excellent @ silencing clicking valves. I personally use Shell Rotella T conventional in my cars and bikes. Has one of the highest zinc concentrations in conventional (supposed to be good at anti-sheering and doesn't burn off), I've never tried Syntetics, so here's a question, people use synthetics at longer intervals? I used to do 3K now I've moved to 5K (did this with my Subaru as well that got 240 before I killed it in a guard rail)

TechmanBD 02-05-2008 07:18 AM

I use Mobil1 in my car and bike.

DS, yes, I change every 5K or 6 months on the car, 5K or 1 year on the bike. I never hit the 5K marks so it is by time. That is also what is the recommended intervals in the manuals. I bought a new ranger in 93.Used M1 oil. Used it for field service work, I had close to 150k miles on it when I traded it in. Still ran great, wasn't burning oil. The only problem it had was the clutch was starting to go out on it. [X(]

To the OP's question, If I were to get the Challenger, I would goto Synthetic after break in and a few extra miles.

RLSH700 02-05-2008 08:45 AM

I'm not sure just yet, but I will probably go with Mobile 1 as I think as Cuda340 said, that is what Chrysler uses in SRTs. I actually have only used conventional oil in my Intrepid and it has over 155K, but I plan on holding on the Challenger much, much longer than the Intrepid.

Paladin06 02-05-2008 09:31 AM

I run Royal Purple in all my vehicles.

RoswellGrey 02-05-2008 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I run Royal Purple in all my vehicles.
Same here. A fine product.