Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   What to do? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/what-do-1992/)

Thor77 11-13-2007 01:27 PM

RE: What to do?

Going back to the original question, I would not buy the car I didn't want. If you re-sell it for MSRP, you've done nothing but pay a bunch of taxes and go through unneeded paperwork. If you sell it above sticker, you're screwing fellow enthusiasts, who could have bought at MSRP from the dealer if he really doesn't charge any markup. If the dealer sees people buying from him and then reselling to make thousands of dollars of profit, how long will he stick to his "no ADM" policy? If you can, I'd just move down the list until what you really want is available.

lear4406 11-14-2007 04:33 AM

Very fair advice. Lets do the right thing and have mutual respect for one another as car guys. This is not the time to try and make a buck. Let the boys with deep pockets play that game. I have other things more pressing to spend my money on. I just want a fair price for a product that I am purchasing.

JJMPB 11-14-2007 11:01 AM

no one is gonna do the right thing people are gonna look to turn a profit on these cars regardless ifit is the dealership or a private sale

WannaBe 11-25-2007 02:51 PM

I have already told my dealer to just keep bumping me down the list until I can get what I want.

But, I just don't understand how someone would be a bad person to sell the car to someone who was willing to pay more than sticker. You are not holding a gun to their head and it's not something they need to survive, like medicine or food.

It is something they want and they are willing to pay for, so how is that a bad thing.

So is changing employers when someone is willing to pay more wrong too?

I guess I’m just confused?;)

DSkippy 11-25-2007 06:09 PM

I think the idea is that it is bad form. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

I myself agree with you largely.

Simple economics and capitalism (what made this country great).

I have friends who buy Wii's @ the store at MSRP and sell'em on ebay for $50 over. Makes me wonder if there's going to be a run of new Chally's on Ebay.

lear4406 11-26-2007 12:02 PM

I'm not saying they are bad. But look at it from this view... if I don't want to pay the high dealer mark up until I can afford the proper MSRP and I wait as others too. Then when the sales run flat and they say the Challenger is a flop and stop production so that only those who paid the high mark up have the ride. I'm just saying that to be fair for all let the boys with deep pockets who just have to be first to own a Challenger have their day. After that, lets be fair and sell some Challengers for what they are worth. you know what they say about a fool and his money. So I do not and will not be a fool. But by the same token, I want the Challenger available for all who wants one.;)

Mikesan 12-05-2007 01:15 PM

I'd wait and get exactly what I wanted. Let's say you buy the new one at MSRP. By the time you pay taxes, registration and any other fees, you're looking at close to another $4000. You'll have to sell for at least $5000 over MSRP to make it worth while. Then what? Buy another one in a year from a dealer who might find out he left money on the table selling to you last time? It's funny: We all hate dealers who charge ADMs, but it seems like there are a lot of individuals who wouldn't mind making a fat profit on these cars. I'm all for capitalism and free enterprise, but if the buyers all showed a little restraint, the prices would be lower for all of us. If no one paid over MSRP, they'd all sell at that price or lower. And it's important to set that tone early to "educate" the dealers. They just need to see a couple crazy ebay buys to get all lathered up for the gouging.

RLSH700 12-06-2007 03:57 PM

I would wait until they have the options that you want. It does not make sense to go through that whole headache just to sell the car and go back again to buy another one. After reselling you might break their trust and they might not be so nice to you next time. This is again why I don't believe in buying a first year model.