Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   What is the expected price for the Challenger? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/what-expected-price-challenger-1441/)

Jeremiah 29:11 08-23-2007 04:33 PM

RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

If I did not buy a Challenger for some strange reason, I would be really lost as to what car to get.

The reason is, I used to own one and so there is an emotional attachment to this "beast of a car".

I would really have to switch gears but the Porsche Cayman is too expensive.

1 Bad Mirada 08-23-2007 06:39 PM

we have a list of current vehicles that we are considering...
EvoX, 300C SRT-8, various BMWs...

cncpt2prod! 08-23-2007 07:15 PM

We're selling our 2001 box Cherokee (love that car) and buying a new Mercedes 350ML (my wife's idea).
I'll then drive our Jeep Wrangler, then sell it for the Challenger when the dealers are dipping below MSPR for the 5.7L manuals (can't wait)!

davecpa 08-23-2007 08:21 PM

wow who knew a 15 year old could start 11 pages of dialog. The price is going to be like the price of the dodge ram pick-up vs. the chevy 1500 pick-up and the ford F150. Hello, the mustang, the camaro and the challenger are all in the same class. Thus I am sure a company worth over $7.4 billion is aware of the fact they have to be competitive in the market. Come on guys and gals dodge knows consumers are not that stupid.

RoswellGrey 08-24-2007 02:50 AM

All that makes sense, davecpa, except for one thing: the company "worth over $7.4 billion" was worth $37 billion when Daimler bought it nine years ago. ;)

WhichOnesTheGas 08-24-2007 07:19 AM

Hi guys,

First time poster but ive been keeping my eye on this site. I really want to get a few things cleared up, i read all previous pages of this thread but i didn't really get a clear answer.

I remember, although it may have been inaccurate, that some chargers had a $15,000 mark up on them from the deal, and that in addition you had to pay a $5,000 gas guzzler tax. If any of this is is true, should i look for something different to happen for the challenger model?(also what about the lifetime warranty) I know the new ownership and such may make a difference but, its been my experience that when dealing with car companies, that their gonna tell you one thing and sure enough its something compleatly different.

Alot of you have mentioned common sense, or something close to it, when disscusing these companies, but i don't really ever recall a car company using that for any vehicle. They have a bottom line, dollar only attitude and while they may tell you "This is the working mans car" or whatever ad campaign targeting a price bracket of people they spout, they really only care about the $$. (or maybe this only happens to the cars I want [:@])

long story short, whats my price range here? ive been saving up for a few years now to get this car but i keep hearing base is 50 but expect 70 ...i mean come on...id rather get a lexus. IMO

And don't let anything ive said fool you, i live and die for muscle cars which is why ive been penny pinching since i saw this work of art in a magazine a few months before the chicago auto show a couple years back. I just want to still have both my kidneys after purchasing it.

Thanks guys.

1 Bad Mirada 08-24-2007 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

wow who knew a 15 year old could start 11 pages of dialog. The price is going to be like the price of the dodge ram pick-up vs. the chevy 1500 pick-up and the ford F150. Hello, the mustang, the camaro and the challenger are all in the same class. Thus I am sure a company worth over $7.4 billion is aware of the fact they have to be competitive in the market. Come on guys and gals dodge knows consumers are not that stupid.
that is what im hoping for, but think of it this way...if the base engine is the 5.7L, it will have 340-350hp. the mustang GT only has 300hp, and is what, around 28,000? i dont see them charging that price for a vehicle with 15% more power...i mean, id love to see that be the case, as they will sell them faster than they can build then, but im sure not expecting that.

wallstreetman 08-24-2007 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

Don't confuse the manufacturer/MSRP with the dealer/Mark-up. This is a supply and demand issue, welcome to the world of Capitalism!

wallstreetman 08-24-2007 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: WhichOnesTheGas

Hi guys,

First time poster but ive been keeping my eye on this site. I really want to get a few things cleared up, i read all previous pages of this thread but i didn't really get a clear answer.

I remember, although it may have been inaccurate, that some chargers had a $15,000 mark up on them from the deal, and that in addition you had to pay a $5,000 gas guzzler tax. If any of this is is true, should i look for something different to happen for the challenger model?(also what about the lifetime warranty) I know the new ownership and such may make a difference but, its been my experience that when dealing with car companies, that their gonna tell you one thing and sure enough its something compleatly different.

Alot of you have mentioned common sense, or something close to it, when disscusing these companies, but i don't really ever recall a car company using that for any vehicle. They have a bottom line, dollar only attitude and while they may tell you "This is the working mans car" or whatever ad campaign targeting a price bracket of people they spout, they really only care about the $$. (or maybe this only happens to the cars I want [:@])

long story short, whats my price range here? ive been saving up for a few years now to get this car but i keep hearing base is 50 but expect 70 ...i mean come on...id rather get a lexus. IMO

And don't let anything ive said fool you, i live and die for muscle cars which is why ive been penny pinching since i saw this work of art in a magazine a few months before the chicago auto show a couple years back. I just want to still have both my kidneys after purchasing it.

Thanks guys.

Who said base is $50,000? Base will be about the same as a Charger, with demand being crazy, DEALER MARK-UP may send the price as high as $70,000.

Note the words in caps!

RoswellGrey 08-24-2007 02:20 PM

And again, Senor Wall Street, that's when the wise individual lets the $70,000 Challengers sit until they magically become $31,000 Challengers. Capitalism, after all, is a two-way street.