Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   When will you buy a Challenger? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/when-will-you-buy-challenger-348/)

bored out 07-03-2006 09:16 AM

When will you buy a Challenger?

If you want one, when would you like to buy it?

2007HemiCuda 07-03-2006 09:32 AM

RE: When will you buy a Challenger?

When the dealer mark up is over.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-03-2006 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: bored out

If you want one, when would you like to buy it?

My preference is when they get the bugs out and a 6.4L is available but maybe I am dreaming.

sire 07-03-2006 09:51 AM

If the dealers mark the vehicle up I will not buy one until much later.

I, of course, want the srt8 version.

I held off buying a Cadillac CTS-V because of the possibility of the Challenger coming out. That possibility is still there if the prices go crazy with the Dodge.

I once owned an original 1971 Hemi Challenger and would like to get back to Dodge, but not for collecting, for driving.

Mike

Jeremiah 29:11 07-03-2006 09:56 AM

My use would be a weekend driver as I already have a Dodge Caravan as a daily driver. Of course, I would keep it in mint condition as a collectible.

bored out 07-03-2006 10:09 AM

I would also like to wait until the dealer mark up is over but I'm concerned about not getting one at all either. I would hate to not get one because of low production and be put on a waiting list.

74B5Blue 07-03-2006 10:13 AM

I will restrain for a little while just to see all the colours and driveline options first. The SRT8 probably won't be released for a few months after the initial launch. I'm hoping for SRT8 in Plum Crazy or White. I hope they put a real rallye dash in the production car,
the four large circles would look better.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-03-2006 10:38 AM

So are you going to try to get OA-5599 for you license plate as well with your white Challenger?

1 Bad Mirada 07-03-2006 11:30 AM

i have to see how they are priced, and what their intended production numbers are...honestly, if theyre going to play games...release 8,000 of them with only a 6.1/mtx, and charge 50 grand...and they make comments like "in two or three years we might make some that are reasonably priced", ill take my money elsewhere, and buy an Evolution that will easily outrun an LX car for 8-10 grand less...

just because theyre making it, doesnt mean that theyre doing it right, yet...making another "viper" isnt going to change anything...if that is the case, they may as well not make it.

awsure 07-03-2006 02:38 PM

I want the 6.1L Hemi Orange and I want it as soon as it comes out. I would go for a 6.4L but doubt it comes out right away.