Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

mopar2ya 02-04-2008 04:59 PM

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Was wondering how many here actually have an '08 Challenger on order and if your dealer has told you your order status. If so, would you mind sharing the price negotiated with the dealer?

tupperware 02-04-2008 05:44 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ordered 12/3
status C
msrp

mopar2ya 02-04-2008 05:49 PM

Guess I should add mine:

Ordered 12/6
Status 'C' (1st of 3 for this dealer)
@ MSRP
Hemi Orange
All three options: sunroof, MyGig, Perf Tires

jockomikey 02-04-2008 05:50 PM

Ordered on 12/5. I was the first order for this particular dealer. $2000.00 down. 42k. Haven't checked the status...

70sguy 02-04-2008 06:20 PM

12/3 hemi orange, no options 42k

MGDMike 02-04-2008 06:32 PM

Good luck everyone on your orders and I pray they make a speedy delivery to your driveways soon!

bluestang50 02-04-2008 06:49 PM

ordered 12/3
msrp
hemi orange
all options
status C
first at dealer

Overpowered 02-04-2008 09:03 PM

Original dealer request 2+ years ago.

Since the Sales Manager left who I delt with, it took weeks to get the first (non-allocated) Cahllenger in the preorder system officially on 12/28/07.

SRT
Hemi Orange

All three options: sunroof, MyGig, Perf Tires

@ MSRP

Order Status BX.

When one door closes (probably wont get a 2008) another one opens (if it's a 2009, I get my manual transmission and maybe even Sublime)

Eric

BUDMAN 02-05-2008 04:45 AM

I have one on order status is C with my name on the order I have a VON number no VIN yet they say I will get the VIN about 15 days prior to build and they start building in late March. They say I will have it by late May. The dealer I am going through is just charging full sticker 41,495 No extra DOC fee's or add ons just full sticker and not a dime less. They are getting 3 cars for sure they would not give me any info until thay had it in writing from Dodge. I have had my deposit on it for 10 Months I got everything I could get on it and it is orange.

claymore 02-05-2008 05:49 AM

Ordered- 1 each/Hemi Orange/2008 Dodge Challenger/0712031530Zulu/MSRP

Dealership has been allocated 2 Challengers, I get the second one regardless if it is the one I ordered or not. But ya never know!

RLSH700 02-05-2008 07:01 AM

Sounds like most of you were able to get them at pretty reasonable prices. It will probably take a while for those to come in considering the fact that I think they weren't planning on getting them to the dealerships until at least another month.

RRUNNER 02-05-2008 08:58 AM

Ordered second week of January, order status C, MSRP.

davidstan 02-05-2008 09:47 AM

12/4 order black all options at msrp
1/18 cancelled order
1/22 have preordered for 09 r/t or late 09 vert

lefty 02-05-2008 12:17 PM

OK, if everyone listed ordering at MSRP what are all reports about orders being $20K over MSRP?

jockomikey 02-05-2008 12:44 PM

Just because 6-8 dealers on ebay are asking for 20k over doesn't mean anyones buying them. There are thousands of Dodge dealers in the us and only the same 6-8 dealers are trying to sell at these prices. Lots of dealers off the net are "asking" 20k too, but I have a feeling people just walk of the lot and go elsewhere. Ebay has been canceling about 98% of those auctions anyway. I have alot of those auctions saved in "my Ebay" for a couple of months now and no feedbacks been left (probably cancelled after hitting "buy it now"). It all depends on where you go. I'm sure there are guys rich like Shaq that don't care what the price is and will fall for the hype. Most dealers are happy to get MSRP without wasting hours negotiating. This poll proves it.

ORIGINAL: lefty

OK, if everyone listed ordering at MSRP what are all reports about orders being $20K over MSRP?

lefty 02-05-2008 12:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I've found eBay to be a pretty good measure of price on other items and I've been wondering if the prices were really this high. I search periodically on eBay 'Completed Auctions' and regularly see most prices in the mid-$50K's.

dodgedriver 02-05-2008 03:51 PM

My local dealer wants 10k over!! so its no myth! the best I could find was 5k over... I just guess I will have to look else where, are there anyone who is in CA who got theres for MSRP?

tahitijim 02-06-2008 05:14 AM

Ordered 12/22/2007. 2K down. Slightly over sticker. Orange with roof. Status "C" (so the dealer tells me) Chicago North Suburbs.

03HDFB 02-06-2008 06:56 AM

Ordered Dec. 4th 6K over MSRP Which was average for the Seattle Area

-Silver full Package Status Code "C"

tahitijim 02-06-2008 07:20 AM

http://72.32.208.177/webcast/tvs/chr.../chicago_1.htm

Check this out at 10:45 CST

mopar2ya 02-09-2008 05:02 AM

So far:

7 units confirmed at status C
1 unit confirmed at status BX

Anyone else that hasn't listed yet? Cheers!

joeyr 02-09-2008 09:02 AM

Whenever you guys get yours. Please post pics. And enjoy them for the rest of us.

kramtrah 02-09-2008 09:10 AM

we may be waiting a while for all of us to do so but I certainly plan on doing so.[sm=exactly.gif]

stroken56 02-09-2008 10:57 AM

Ordered 12/03/07 at MSRP
orange w/o sun roof or tires.

Was BX when ordered I don't know now.

Rockingham, NC wanted $10,000 over MSRP[:'(]

Aberden, NC has ordered one w/ intensions of sitting on it for a few months and taking bids on it.[:'(]

I know where I'm not buying my next truck.

stroken56 02-09-2008 11:01 AM

I have already been offered $5,000 over MSRP by another dealer when I get it?:eek:

Richardlarson 02-09-2008 02:07 PM

For one thing if a dealer is ordering you a Challenger at MSRP they are absolute idiots! Most dealers are not that stupid to leave that much money on the table, I have 2 coming to this dealership and everyone of them is sold for $61K.
Quit blowing smoke up peoples ass's, looks like you people are trying to control the market or something.

Overpower, ask your dealer or any other dealer what the "BX" status really means. I know when I see that on my order sheet online it tells me that I am not going to get that unit at all. I am a very large store so it is not a matter of size but the BX is a sign of you not seeing that particular unit anytime soon, sorry dude but that one is not happening. That is as likely to happen as this many people on here claiming they are paying MSRP. All Challengers that dealers are getting this year will be in a "C" status now. If it is not in "C" then they are not getting it, case closed.

Also from a rumor, not too sure how valid it is but Ebay came down on the dealers that were selling something that they did not have and ordered those dealers to return the customers money didn't they?

Day1 02-09-2008 02:41 PM

I ordered mine on 12-03-07. Orange at MSRP. The status on the order the salesman gave me said BA status. I haven't check back. I will tomorrow.

Overpowered 02-09-2008 02:47 PM

RichardLarson Your probably right, but what's the calling people (dealers) idiots on your first post here? Are you a "smart dealer"?

With a BX it looks like I'm not getting an 08 - but as many drop out looking for sticks or cheaper RTs, I may get an allocated 08 vehicle.

Cool with me I'll wait 3 months or so for my 09 SRT with a stick (doesn't break my heart).

If they try to gouge on all Challengers by getting more than MRSP, I'll consider my options;

Wait till the Challenger gouging is over,
Mustang GT with lotsa go fast options
09 Camaro

If I want to get in on the gouging I'll give my local Audi dealer $160k for the R8 that he's selling to others for $180k with a MRSP of $110k.

Eric

tupperware 02-09-2008 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Richardlarson

For one thing if a dealer is ordering you a Challenger at MSRP they are absolute idiots! Most dealers are not that stupid to leave that much money on the table, I have 2 coming to this dealership and everyone of them is sold for $61K.
Quit blowing smoke up peoples ass's, looks like you people are trying to control the market or something.

Overpower, ask your dealer or any other dealer what the "BX" status really means. I know when I see that on my order sheet online it tells me that I am not going to get that unit at all. I am a very large store so it is not a matter of size but the BX is a sign of you not seeing that particular unit anytime soon, sorry dude but that one is not happening. That is as likely to happen as this many people on here claiming they are paying MSRP. All Challengers that dealers are getting this year will be in a "C" status now. If it is not in "C" then they are not getting it, case closed.

Also from a rumor, not too sure how valid it is but Ebay came down on the dealers that were selling something that they did not have and ordered those dealers to return the customers money didn't they?
[:@]typical greedy dealer BS...there are some dealerships that recognize the value of their next meal, not just the meal they get today...I have purchased over 35 new cars since 1986 (its an addiction) and my dealer knows I'll be back again...(and again, and again). One screwing (as it appears your dealership will do to customers) and I would be gone... my order has been at C status since December, so I'm not talking about a car I will never see...(the next time a transport drops off new cars at your dealership, look at the name on the semi truck door, the truck is owned by the same family that owns the dealership I deal with). I'll pass along your 'absolute idiots' comment to them...

SRT8Challenger 02-09-2008 03:08 PM

Order on 12/03/07 at MSRP
Orange w/sun roof, tires, and Nav.
"C" status
No dealer mark up and I did not even know a sole there!

Richardlarson 02-09-2008 03:18 PM

It's not a matter of being greedy at all. Any smart business person would agree that you have to maximize your profits no matter what you are selling.

Day 1, BA means "pending order" meaning it may or may not get built. All orders go straight into a "BA" status as soon as they are ordered then as the accept orders they change. They will not know till it hits a "C" or "D" status. You may want to call and check on it and see were it is. If it is in a "BG" or a "BX" status then they will not see it this year. Only the Challengers in a "C" status are the one's that are getting built this year.

6 speed manual in a SRT 8? Haven't heard that plan yet but go ahead and keep that dream alive.

Tupperware, Please do pass the idiot comment along to your dealer and by the way let them know, I am willing to pay $10k over as a dealer just to have them divert it to me. And who cares what trucking company they own, what in the hell does that have to do with the Challenger? I know good and well they don't own the trucks that drop my cars off.

tupperware 02-09-2008 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Richardlarson

It's not a matter of being greedy at all. Any smart business person would agree that you have to maximize your profits no matter what you are selling.

Day 1, BA means "pending order" meaning it may or may not get built. All orders go straight into a "BA" status as soon as they are ordered then as the accept orders they change. They will not know till it hits a "C" or "D" status. You may want to call and check on it and see were it is. If it is in a "BG" or a "BX" status then they will not see it this year. Only the Challengers in a "C" status are the one's that are getting built this year.

6 speed manual in a SRT 8? Haven't heard that plan yet but go ahead and keep that dream alive.

Tupperware, Please do pass the idiot comment along to your dealer and by the way let them know, I am willing to pay $10k over as a dealer just to have them divert it to me. And who cares what trucking company they own, what in the hell does that have to do with the Challenger? I know good and well they don't own the trucks that drop my cars off.
www.cassens.com or www.cassens.com/transport/terminallocations.htm

jeepseller 02-09-2008 07:25 PM

i am a dealer in Houston with 15 Challengers coming in.

What you say is 100% correct regarding the BA, BX, & BG orders.

Chrysler is done scheduling 08 Challengers. They must be in C status or better to be built.

The 09 SRT is more than a year a way and there is no word on a bigger motor or manual transmission.

Good luck.

Paladin06 02-09-2008 07:31 PM

Are they all sold??

ORIGINAL: jeepseller

i am a dealer in Houston with 15 Challengers coming in.

What you say is 100% correct regarding the BA, BX, & BG orders.

Chrysler is done scheduling 08 Challengers. They must be in C status or better to be built.

The 09 SRT is more than a year a way and there is no word on a bigger motor or manual transmission.

Good luck.

Overpowered 02-09-2008 08:10 PM

Where does the more than a year away for the 09 models come from?

That sounds like closer timing to the 10 models and rumor is a convertable and big engine which is on top of the manual that will be made available in 09.

When is Dodge going to give us more decisive info to hang our hats on?

I figure they want to sell cars, not delay with indecisiveness pushing potential customers to the competition.

It's crap like this that pushes our manufacturing (or at least the profits of manufacturing) overseas.

Make them and sell tham while people want them!!

Eric

JJMPB 02-10-2008 04:11 AM

you plan on painting the roof of the car a different shade of black

threefidee 02-10-2008 06:31 AM

My wife has an Orange one on order with the radio option. My dealer gets one and they constantly get calls from other dealers that are willing to pay them 5-10,000 over sticker. I hope everyone gets the deal that they have been promised but I can tell you with the Shebly GT 500's it started off this way but when the cars came in MSRP was long forgotten and the dealers had to at least get market value for them.

Good luck to everyone!

Jody

DSkippy 02-10-2008 06:38 AM

Overpowered, well stated. Why create white hot demand and then not strike when the iron is hot? Talk about a tactic in anti-marketing effectiveness?

As for RichardLarson, you speak/write with the certainty of one with an omniscient collection of wisdom.

I am confident in my knowledge, but the more I have lent conjecture and absolutes "to the way things work in the world", the more knowledge I have amassed as to how I understand how little anyone really knows anything.

I look at your statements, and I gain happiness and inspiration for and from you, you're potential for gaining additional knowledge seems almost without end.

Wrap your head around that one; and lighten up Francis, we're friends here exchanging views and opinions and conjecture; and unless, you've got pictures and affidavits try to govern your unabashed decrees of "how things, ALL THINGS, work in the world"

Welcome aboard, and write nice(ly).

gizzman70 02-10-2008 06:39 AM

call me have 1 in c status black loaded consider selling it 772 370 2499

Johnnytuinals 02-10-2008 03:52 PM

Its funny people bought the 2005 Mustang Gts at $4000-$10,000 above Msrp when they first came out....
Now they are crying that you can get a 2008 Stang GT at INVOICE....
I waited till sept of 2005 so I could get a New 2006 Stang Gt at invoice,,,,the Stang Gt was still pretty rare
with V8 at that time......
I think there will be many 2009 Challengers in Sept of 2008,,,I am sure you will be
able to get a Hemi RT at Invoice if you want to look around....Thats what I am going to dooooo.