Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

108Challenger 03-07-2008 07:30 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

http://www.chipfoose.com/wheels2.aspx
The NITROUS GREY's

mopar2ya 03-10-2008 03:51 PM

Ok, update on the list as follows:

Looks like 20 orders are in from those who cared to reply.

tupperware, mopar2ya, jockomikey, 70sguy, bluestang, budman, claymoore, rrunner, tahitijim, 03hdfb, stroken56, day1, srt8challenger, overpowered, threefidee, 1971cudaconvert, michaelggg, torontosrt8, tank, joani short

If you don't want your handle listed PM me and I will change you to anon.

Out of the 20 orders, 12 look to be confirmed status "C".

13 quoted as MSRP by dealer (at least for now), with 5 at slightly over MSRP, but none quoted at anywhere near the $20k we've been hearing.

11 Hemi Orange, 1 Silver, 1 Black

I do believe that paladin and kevin2323 have confirmed orders that have been mentioned in other threads. Anyone else?

This is what has been offered up in responses so far. Is this really the number of actual orders by those on this forum. I really thought the numbers would be quite higher.

To all who responded, thanks for taking the time to leave your input. Cheers!

1971cuda convert 03-10-2008 05:29 PM

I thought there would be alot more as well .I cant wait and I check the form here about 10 times a day to see if theres any new info . Im really looking forward to seeing all the cool aftermarket things they come out with .Ive been told theres already a shaker hood ready for market and have heard of aftermaket grills already.

npeifer 03-13-2008 01:24 PM

I am the Sales Manager of a Dodge dealership and have a Hemi Orange with all the equipment ordered. Mine went to "C" status on 12/11/07 and was originally put in on the 5th of December.

Sales price :

MSRP = $41,985

My price + $38,188 which is Invoice minus holdback.

This job has a few advantages yes but I and the principal have a 13 year terrific relationship. I just found this board and I think there is some great info here. Thank you for having me as a member. Previously I owned 2 Vipers (1996, 2000) and I am ready for the Challenger !!!

Neal Peifer

RRUNNER 03-13-2008 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: npeifer

I am the Sales Manager of a Dodge dealership and have a Hemi Orange with all the equipment ordered. Mine went to "C" status on 12/11/07 and was originally put in on the 5th of December.

Sales price :

MSRP = $41,985

My price + $38,188 which is Invoice minus holdback.

This job has a few advantages yes but I and the principal have a 13 year terrific relationship. I just found this board and I think there is some great info here. Thank you for having me as a member. Previously I owned 2 Vipers (1996, 2000) and I am ready for the Challenger !!!

Neal Peifer
Welcome Neal, great to have you aboard. We're always looking for information and hopefully you can get us the latest and greatest info as it develops.

Can't wait to get mine, although I had to pay a bit more than you did. ;)

JeepDodgeRam 03-13-2008 04:27 PM

I've got one on order. I put down 5K on Dec 14th and agreed to pay 10K over MSRP for Hemi Orange. Could be interesting though. The dealer ordered it on December 3rd before I got there and unfortunately for me, ordered it in black. They attempted to change the color and could not. So on January 2, they ordered another one in Hemi Orange. BOTH have my name on them (I'm looking at the status sheet). The orange one is status BG and the black one is status C. Supposedly, somebody at the regional level is going to pull a switcheroo on the two and I'll end up with Hemi Orange. Hopefully, it won't delay unnecessarily the arrival. But then again, somebody has to get theirs last...

70sguy 03-13-2008 05:22 PM

Neal welcome to the CF,

You can be the first to inform the CF of any status changes first hand, that would be great. Bet your just as interested as most of us as to when we will actually sit in the seat and push go.

congrats to all of you that have ordered an 08, it will be interesting to see all of the badge numbers once everyone changes out of C status.; Also, congrats to all of those waiting for the 09's. There should really be some special packages coming for those with patience like rt stripes, colors, shaker hoods and of course the convertibles. and maybe...... the 6.4.

WhiteHeat 03-14-2008 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

congrats to all of you that have ordered an 08, it will be interesting to see all of the badge numbers ...
Wow, 70sguy! You just gave me a thought I hadn't considered before.

When those here on the board start receiving their '08 SRTs and posting pictures and "badge numbers", will there be any "badge envy?"

How about it, guys? If you get yours and someone here has a lower production number, will you be envious? Tell the truth! ;)

Oh, and welcome, Neal. Congrats on the '08 (and the price!). I hope you can be an additional source of inside information!

djb0308 03-14-2008 07:44 AM

As much as I would love an 08, I won't have the financing in place. I'm hoping/praying to get something in the works by late 08, early 09. I'm hoping the hype will die down some. Working at a Ford dealer I saw the frenzy of the gt500s, and now we have 2 in the showroom waiting. Fingers, toes, and hairs all crossed.....

vino 03-14-2008 04:57 PM

i checked with my dealer on the 12th, i have a von# and its in "c" status. as for the badge #, i could care less as long as i get my 08.