Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

mwc 07-16-2008 06:58 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

The fact that this thread HAS gone on for 500 pages, with people wondering when they might finally get their farking car, is a pretty fair reflection of the job that Dodge has done in keeping their customers informed.

70sguy 07-16-2008 07:09 AM

Harold,

They do not badge the cars until it reaches Ground Effects. Badges have nothing to do when there were built only when they were badged. I haven't spoken with Budman, as of this time. Your cars paperwork will not reference badge # in any way, so technically they mean nothing. Only people in the know will recognize this but it can be proven easily, but you would need (2) pieces of paper work showing build dates from separate vehicles. They could be built same day but ran through GE in different sequence.

70sguy 07-16-2008 07:11 AM

Don't forget these challengers are heavy!

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

It probably depends on the speed of the train. ;)
But... if that train were loaded with 2008 Challengers, would it not travel at a much lesser rate of speed? :eek:

70sguy 07-16-2008 07:16 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the site, I did this and it said no information available. My dealer gave me the number.

RoswellGrey 07-16-2008 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Don't forget these challengers are heavy!

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

It probably depends on the speed of the train. ;)
But... if that train were loaded with 2008 Challengers, would it not travel at a much lesser rate of speed? :eek:

This is the black hole that Challengers fall into during delivery! The faster the train goes, the SLOWER time moves! Einstein was on the right track (so to speak)! :D

DiamDave 07-16-2008 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Dave,

Thanks for the site, I did this and it said no information available. My dealer gave me the number.
You are welcome. My Challenger finally was loaded on the train today!!! I am going to call my dealer and see if I can get the railcar number. Can hardly wait!

Good Luck,

Dave

awc 07-16-2008 09:50 AM

Hey BUDMAN, welcome back! Any chance of some info on 300713? Its been loaded on a truck from Windsor on Sunday, with no movement since. If you can find something out, thanks. If not, its still good to see you back!
-AWC

mopar2ya 07-16-2008 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

My Challenger finally was loaded on the train today!!! I am going to call my dealer and see if I can get the railcar number. Can hardly wait!
Hey Dave... Happen to know if Andre"s Challenger made the same train?

DiamDave 07-16-2008 11:39 AM

It looks like Andres car is still in Melvindale. But who knows, it may end up on the same train before the day is out.

Hey Budman,

Do you have any way of finding out which railcar I am on? I would love to track it. I am on a railcar in Sterling Heights, Black in color and VIN 8H302160.

Thanks, Dave

SRT/ATE/U 07-16-2008 12:21 PM

Hoping for another sneek peak into how close I am to delivery :) 301249...thanks in advance :)