Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

brucer41 10-02-2008 05:36 AM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: Phantom

I totally understand wise one. I do not mean to diminish the wisdom of any other visitor or member of this forum who has not considered the powerful advantage of driving a HEMI. Truly, a FORD will still get you to the grocery store. Just not as fast.
Are you sure here? Remember, FORD stands for "Found on Road Dead"!

RoswellGrey 10-02-2008 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

ORIGINAL: Phantom

I totally understand wise one. I do not mean to diminish the wisdom of any other visitor or member of this forum who has not considered the powerful advantage of driving a HEMI. Truly, a FORD will still get you to the grocery store. Just not as fast.
Are you sure here? Remember, FORD stands for "Found on Road Dead"!
At the risk of keeping THE STRING THAT WON'T DIE alive even longer, I should note it also means "First On Race Day." ;)

Breakdown of cars I've fully owned at one time or another:
1950 Ford Custom Tudor
1970 Maverick
1977 Maverick
1985 Thunderbird
1986 Thunderbird
1994 Thunderbird (best-all around car I've ever had, by the way, but that is said with just over 300 miles on the 09 Challenger)
2000 Mustang

1970 Challenger (best-looking car I've ever had)
2009 Challenger (second-best-looking car I've ever had)

challygirl 10-02-2008 05:38 PM

Mopar2ya....its ok if Andre calls me that ....he can call anything because he is cool..... besides that i think most of us woman should be ho's every once in a while anyway lol

mopar2ya 10-02-2008 05:48 PM

Gotta admit... keeps us guys happier... :D
Never mind then... and carry on... ;)

Andre@Edge 10-02-2008 07:11 PM

Bless you Joani!
I would never comment on a post of yours without hoping to get a smile, or out of disrespect... ever.

I truely feel safe in this thread because we all got a chance to know each other and friendships formed. I feel like I gained many friends, AND the very best of the new cars.

I look forward to Vegas, and time when many of us can just have some fun and laugh together.

Congrats Chris (mopar2ya), on starting the best thread on any forum! Its proof that the days of bonding over the Challenger, are as good as the car itself!

MOPAR or NO CAR! (lookin' around to be sure I have not tainted this thread by such an obvious truth) :-Þ

Andre@Edge 10-02-2008 07:15 PM

This thread is nearing 6000 posts, and I smile when I remember all the support.

Remember the saying "The coolest car we never saw"?

Talked to Brett (budman) the other day. He is doing well, and running hard. Kinda like a Mopar!

mopar2ya 10-02-2008 07:59 PM

Thanks for the credit Andre... it was truely a well constructed and carefully mapped out plan. The clarity and brilliance I had in a constructing a thread entitled "Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?" How could it possibly fail. It was bound for nothing other than greatness, and building camaraderie and friendships. Yep... I must ever so humbly admit that it was stark brilliance in its purest form on my part. Oh the many nights I lay awake thinking how to make the most outrageously enticing title to a thread to draw readership and promote postership, yet subtle as to keep from striking controversy. Other titles might have been... Who has ordered a 2008 Challenger? but it just didnt have the impact statement. Has anyone ordered a 2008 Challenger? obviously not going to draw the attention of the intended poster. Who has an order in for a 2008 Challenger? just really doesnt carry the justice the trademark Challenger deserves... or even Anyone have a 2008 Challenger on order? speaks for itself... embarrassed I even thought of this one. So your welcome... I obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into it. That said I guess I have to add the obligitory... I couldnt have done it without all of you fine Mopar orderers out there... thank you and good night.

Your right though Andre... all kidding aside the forum members really pulled together and made this thread one I used to look forward to coming home and checking the minute I walked in the door. To see what movements Joani could pull up in VinVision to share with anxious future owners wondering what the delays were. To Budman sharing his BudVision and telling us things that no mere mortal could possibly have access to. From members who shall remain nameless that were frustrated beyond any reasonable measure... and for good reason... to those members who were steadfast, upbeat aand positive in spite of all the delays, setbacks and lack of information from Ma Mopar. To the encouraging words from the first few owners "Dont give up... its worth the wait" to the birth of "The Grin" and so many memorable moments and experiences and people... Definately been a very cool ride... with some very cool people... all over a very cool car. A huge thanks to all who have been part of the journey.

Yet another reason to love this car... and we ultimately have the folks at Dodge to thank... Again... Thank You Dodge... Awesome Job on an Awesome Car...

Cheers to all my Challenger brothers and sisters!! Thanks for being part of my Challenger experience.

Enjoy the ride... have fun... be safe.

Paladin06 10-02-2008 07:59 PM

I turned 53 just three days ago and I tell all who will listen, this car is the best money I spent since my marriage license 22 years ago. Life is an amazing journey. I waited and my dream came true and that's all that matters.

shaky-2 10-02-2008 08:04 PM

Amen Greg you hit the nail on the head brother.

Paladin06 10-02-2008 08:07 PM

Please let me add, I've made some of the best FRIENDS in this old soldiers life time as well. Thank you all for being here.