Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

So far:

7 units confirmed at status C
1 unit confirmed at status BX

Anyone else that hasn't listed yet? Cheers!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:02 AM

Whenever you guys get yours. Please post pics. And enjoy them for the rest of us.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 AM

we may be waiting a while for all of us to do so but I certainly plan on doing so.[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 02-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Ordered 12/03/07 at MSRP
orange w/o sun roof or tires.

Was BX when ordered I don't know now.

Rockingham, NC wanted $10,000 over MSRP[:'(]

Aberden, NC has ordered one w/ intensions of sitting on it for a few months and taking bids on it.[:'(]

I know where I'm not buying my next truck.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 AM

I have already been offered $5,000 over MSRP by another dealer when I get it?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 PM

For one thing if a dealer is ordering you a Challenger at MSRP they are absolute idiots! Most dealers are not that stupid to leave that much money on the table, I have 2 coming to this dealership and everyone of them is sold for $61K.
Quit blowing smoke up peoples ass's, looks like you people are trying to control the market or something.

Overpower, ask your dealer or any other dealer what the "BX" status really means. I know when I see that on my order sheet online it tells me that I am not going to get that unit at all. I am a very large store so it is not a matter of size but the BX is a sign of you not seeing that particular unit anytime soon, sorry dude but that one is not happening. That is as likely to happen as this many people on here claiming they are paying MSRP. All Challengers that dealers are getting this year will be in a "C" status now. If it is not in "C" then they are not getting it, case closed.

Also from a rumor, not too sure how valid it is but Ebay came down on the dealers that were selling something that they did not have and ordered those dealers to return the customers money didn't they?
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM

I ordered mine on 12-03-07. Orange at MSRP. The status on the order the salesman gave me said BA status. I haven't check back. I will tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM

RichardLarson Your probably right, but what's the calling people (dealers) idiots on your first post here? Are you a "smart dealer"?

With a BX it looks like I'm not getting an 08 - but as many drop out looking for sticks or cheaper RTs, I may get an allocated 08 vehicle.

Cool with me I'll wait 3 months or so for my 09 SRT with a stick (doesn't break my heart).

If they try to gouge on all Challengers by getting more than MRSP, I'll consider my options;

Wait till the Challenger gouging is over,
Mustang GT with lotsa go fast options
09 Camaro

If I want to get in on the gouging I'll give my local Audi dealer $160k for the R8 that he's selling to others for $180k with a MRSP of $110k.

Eric

Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Richardlarson

For one thing if a dealer is ordering you a Challenger at MSRP they are absolute idiots! Most dealers are not that stupid to leave that much money on the table, I have 2 coming to this dealership and everyone of them is sold for $61K.
Quit blowing smoke up peoples ass's, looks like you people are trying to control the market or something.

Overpower, ask your dealer or any other dealer what the "BX" status really means. I know when I see that on my order sheet online it tells me that I am not going to get that unit at all. I am a very large store so it is not a matter of size but the BX is a sign of you not seeing that particular unit anytime soon, sorry dude but that one is not happening. That is as likely to happen as this many people on here claiming they are paying MSRP. All Challengers that dealers are getting this year will be in a "C" status now. If it is not in "C" then they are not getting it, case closed.

Also from a rumor, not too sure how valid it is but Ebay came down on the dealers that were selling something that they did not have and ordered those dealers to return the customers money didn't they?
[:@]typical greedy dealer BS...there are some dealerships that recognize the value of their next meal, not just the meal they get today...I have purchased over 35 new cars since 1986 (its an addiction) and my dealer knows I'll be back again...(and again, and again). One screwing (as it appears your dealership will do to customers) and I would be gone... my order has been at C status since December, so I'm not talking about a car I will never see...(the next time a transport drops off new cars at your dealership, look at the name on the semi truck door, the truck is owned by the same family that owns the dealership I deal with). I'll pass along your 'absolute idiots' comment to them...
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Order on 12/03/07 at MSRP
Orange w/sun roof, tires, and Nav.
"C" status
No dealer mark up and I did not even know a sole there!

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?