Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

brucer41 08-15-2008 05:29 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

There are several SRT's in D status on the registry. Mine has been for almost two weeks now.

Husker Donn 08-15-2008 06:13 AM

Does anyone with an R/T 6 speed have a VIN # yet? I am past the glue and on to Touch up paint. "Stone White" of course.

Cuda340 08-15-2008 09:36 AM

My May 16 order for a 2009 SRT went from BG to BX, again.

Has anyone gone from BX to C this month (August)?

SKiDs33t 08-15-2008 10:06 AM

I went from BX to C just last week.

Sorry Brucer, I must have missed your car somehow.
I just checked today and there are 5 SRTs in D now. Good times!

brucer41 08-15-2008 10:17 AM

Its alright I was calling teh support line every 2 weeks and last week was my off week but I decided to call anyway on a hunch. Found I had a VIN but was in D. Called the dealer and he said I was D1. I told him Dodge said D but he insisted I was D1 thats why I had a VIN. However I cannot get any info from the website as it blows up every time I try it. Andre tried it and nothing came back. I was hoping Budman or Joani could help and see what they can find out. So, for allthis, I wait and see where in heck I am for sure.

05flhtcse 08-15-2008 11:56 AM

I have been watching this website for months. I signed in and forgot my username. So, I will get you up to speed on my situation. I told my dealer that I wanted to order a Challenger as soon as possible back in 06. He remembered and called me on the Friday before December 3rd. I went in on the third and ordered my orange car. There was no added expense. It is a small dealership and I had bought my last six vehicles there. The owner ordered a black one just before me. His came in pretty quickly and his dash number is less than 500. Mine lanquished at BG. Finally, June 27th mine became an 09. I decided to cancel and order an 09 R/T. While I was waiting for the 09, I was still looking for an 08. One dealership 50 miles from me finally said they would take $2500 over sticker. I said I would give them $1600 over sticker. I came up with that price as I heard that was the 09 price increase. I really felt Chrysler owed me my car at MSRP. Another dealer 12 miles from me has one and I offered the same deal. They wanted to go the E-bay route and their car only brought $300 over sticker. That was last weekend. I called them Monday and asked them how my offer was looking? They said they would ask the boss if he would take it or not. Ten minutes after I hung up, my dealer called and said my 09 was in C status. I promised him I would not back out on our deal and called the other dealer to forget it. Today my R/T is in D1 status with a ship date of August 22. My dealer says it looks to be moving pretty fast. There you have my Challenger story.

Venthos 08-15-2008 12:05 PM

I will be happy to help you get your user account under control if you want, 05flhtcse. Just contact me using the Contact Site Admin form and I will help you out.

Venthos 08-15-2008 12:06 PM

Woops. I thought you meant the registry site. I cant help you with the forums. Sorry.

tommyroadrunner 08-15-2008 03:51 PM

Weekly inquiry to the Taliban hotline today finally yields some movement on my 6/20 ordered 09 R/T 6 spd black fully equipped bad boy dream ride.

Been in C status since 6/30; today's Taliban representativee tells me his computer screen indicates next week expect D status: firm schedule, VIN assigned.

The COUNTDOWN just, maybe, possibly, might soon begin for us 6 speed dudes/dudettes......

Patience is a virtue......

AHASENBERG 08-15-2008 04:14 PM

I know I'm a few days late but SKiDs33t, you can not have a vehicle on order without a VON#! "Vehicle Order Number" That is the firs ID and the only ID an order has until the vin # is assigned.
Good luck.
Double check to make sure you have a car for sure and demand the VON#

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Just got back from my dealer. While he still has no VON for me, his tracker does have my status. Apparently, as of the 11th I am in C status, and I should have a VIN by the end of the week. This is good news, as Ive been completely in the dark until now. I hope I get to D1 soon. That way I can check VV and find out if I have a chance of getting the car before I go back to Afghanistan.

Please, oh please! [sm=hail.gif]

P.S. Just dropped my down payment. My savings account is $38,000 lighter and guess what... [sm=idontcare.gif]!