Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

Overpowered 08-15-2008 04:54 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

One of mine has been in C status since July. My second went to C status last week.

I hope they go to D next week.

Time for some glue

Eric

davidstan 08-16-2008 06:42 AM

I'm going to stay adhesives free and try tylenol 3 since i learned i have a private party buyer for my exsiting
toy. 3 weeks now in D and my timing is starting to unravel as i dont want to put off my buyer. Have to go carless i guess.

SKiDs33t 08-16-2008 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: AHASENBERG

I know I'm a few days late but SKiDs33t, you can not have a vehicle on order without a VON#! Vehicle Order Number That is the firs ID and the only ID an order has until the vin # is assigned.
Good luck.
Double check to make sure you have a car for sure and demand the VON#

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Just got back from my dealer. While he still has no VON for me, his tracker does have my status. Apparently, as of the 11th I am in C status, and I should have a VIN by the end of the week. This is good news, as Ive been completely in the dark until now. I hope I get to D1 soon. That way I can check VV and find out if I have a chance of getting the car before I go back to Afghanistan.

Please, oh please! [sm=hail.gif]

P.S. Just dropped my down payment. My savings account is $38,000 lighter and guess what... [sm=idontcare.gif]!

I know I HAVE a VON out there somewhere. Its just that my dealer cant seem to tell me what it is. The only order number he can give me is the Customer Number, and Factory Order number issued by ENCS/AAFES. Hes tried calling his corporate HQ in the States, but still no luck. Since they arent directly affiliated with Dodge, they may just not know what it is I am asking for. The "Factory Order Number" Ive received is 990123. But as you can see it is two numbers too short to be a VON. So my next step is hopefully to get a VIN, and he sasy I should have one by the end of the week.

Speaking of VINs, has anyone been able to get VIN Vision to work on an 09 yet?

Andre@Edge 08-16-2008 07:18 AM

Vin Vision will work on any year as long as the status is D or higher

fatcat 08-16-2008 08:36 AM

I am not sure about that Andre as there are several 09's at D status and 2 incvluding mine at D 1 status and no one can seem to bring them up on Vin Vision. I think perhaps they meaning Dodge has done something security wise to the sight. I am just guessing of course. I ask that someone in contact with Joani, Budman, or maybe Neil ask them to run one of our 2009 R/T vins to check this out? Anyone listening? opps I mean reading ? I guess I am sniffing to much glue, try the Gorilla glue its GREATTTTTTTTTTTttttttt ummmmm
Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

Andre@Edge 08-16-2008 08:49 AM

Site still works, and worked for a SE, and a R/T this morning

05flhtcse 08-16-2008 08:52 AM

Check out the VinVision Help thread.

fatcat 08-16-2008 09:22 AM

Andre, we must be doing something wrong as a few of us here can not get the Vin Vision to work like you. Is it the brand of glue or is there a Web Site or web address that we must type in first? Anything? Fat Cat
[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Site still works, and worked for a SE, and a R/T this morning

fatcat 08-16-2008 10:07 AM

[:o]Its very hard for me to say this but I just went over all the 2008 SRT 8 Challengers in the unofficial registry and if everyone is being honest not one person received their car in less than 6 months! I went over the intire list and the time spread from placing the order to taking delivery of the car seems to me to be between 6 months at the low and almost 9 months at the high.

To me in this day of falling economy, poor car sales, rumors of Auto Companies going bankrupt, and high gas prices you would think that they would try a little harder to cut that time period daown. Maybe it is because they can't pay their bills or no OT for the workers. I don't know but IMO it STINKS!! and SUCKS!!!

WHERE IS THE GLUE!!!!! I'll need a whole case
CHRYSLER and DODGE HELP!!!!! there are enough addicts inn the world now, keep the glue sniffers down , build and deliver those Challengers to the paying buyers and orderes FIRST then to dealers for stock.
Makes sense to me, Ok I'm done ranting , sorry everyone, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-16-2008 10:47 AM

Imo i think the dealers get to say what comes there way. Your car is sold so why not bring in unsold unit first? Heck your a Challaholic.