Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

RoswellGrey 09-20-2008 01:27 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Believe me, Skids, when you see it, you'll realize that the pictures don't do the Challenger justice. It's even more beautiful in person.

fatcat 09-20-2008 04:40 AM

I just can't help myself guys, sorry but my car is now on the ground in the rail storage yard in Newark, NJ and I'm hoping it will be loaded on a truck Monday to my dealer !! OH YEAAAAA . Now Brucer41, Roswellgrey, RyanNY and all you other members that have orders come on and tell me and us where yours are now. I hope they all come soon, Good luck , Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: fatcat

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!! Hang in there Brucer41, Roswellgrey and others. They are a commin from dodge. I read or heard somewhere that Dodge will build and ship them as fast as they can and I think they are starting to do that finally. What I can't believe is , that mine is finally here !! Its at the rail yard in Newark NJ and to be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday . I just do not know how I will get any sleep for this weekend or few days. Anybody got any ideas besides getting drunk? LOL....No designated driver for this car so no drinking ! Yowelleeeeeeee ITs here ....Finally after over 3 years since being first thought of and almost a year since you could order the very first one , and some 51 dealers in total I finally get mine.!!!! I'm sorry everyone but I'm so happy and excited I don't know what to do. Thanks for all your support , understanding and help. You guys and Girls like Joani -IE DCXfan for are the very best! I hope you all stay around just a little bit, as I know I will, just to talk once in awhile and exchange ideas, help , and CHALLENGER STORIES . The very Best to you all. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

kramtrah 09-20-2008 10:05 AM

Its shear excitement at this point. So I have now moved to JB as of last night and also received my perfect email from the Unofficial Challenger Registry telling me as well. looks like the anticipated delivery date has moved as well, where it was slated for Oct 7, now looks to be Oct 4. I sure as heck hope it all stays on time.

Ready, ready, ready I am!!!! Since I am plunking down just a few bucks for this car, thought I owed it to the family too and took them all to see Shrek the Musical last night. The kids loved it as well as the wife, and since they now are on the Challenger crew, thought they deserved it.

http://www.dodgechallengerregistry.c...trysig_240.png

RoswellGrey 09-20-2008 11:23 AM

My SE is finally in Texas! It left Tyler (east of Dallas/Fort Worth) this afternoon and is supposed to arrive at a rail yard about three miles from my house tomorrow! Of course, it somehow then will take till Wednesday to go about 15 miles to my dealership, which, naturally, is on the other side of town. I'm going to go over during the day Monday and see if I can see it in the rail yard (the same one Paladin's CRUSH came into when it arrived in San Antonio).

What's odd when you're in Texas is that something may be 300 miles away, but just because it's "in Texas," you naturally think it's almost home. :D

Also, I went ahead and ordered by glossy black side stripes with the script "Challenger" cutout from Ridergraphix. Now, I just have to talk to my favorite body shop and tell them I'll be by soon to have them applied.

Challenger One 09-20-2008 12:54 PM

I got a surprise call from my dealer today my srt 8 is in trim and due to ship on Sept 22. I couldnt believe that is coming after trying not to get my hopes up since June. Dealer said 8-10 days after ship date cars end up on his lot. I can get excited again

RUBBERBNDMAN 09-20-2008 01:28 PM

TIC...... TOC .....[sm=gears.gif]

brucer41 09-20-2008 04:35 PM

Well I am satill in KZ. THE CAR was supposed to ship out last night and today it is still in plant dispatch and scheduled to ship tonight. I had a delivery of Tuesday, now its Wednesday the 24th. I feel though I wont see it until after the 1st as how slowly it is moving from Plant Dispatch to actually leaving the plant. It has been done since the 12th supposedly and has dragged though JB (a week) and now for three days in KZ with no movement. The Train tracking site puts shipping at four days from Detroit railyard to Chicago railyard and then of course to a truck and then out to the Suburbs. So, as I said, may be after the 1st sometime. Fatcat, I am trying o catch up to you buts its not working:(

RyanNY 09-20-2008 07:13 PM

I just can't help myself guys, sorry but my car is now on the ground in the rail storage yard in Newark, NJ and I'm hoping it will be loaded on a truck Monday to my dealer !! OH YEAAAAA . Now Brucer41, Roswellgrey, RyanNY and all you other members that have orders come on and tell me and us where yours are now. I hope they all come soon, Good luck , Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!! Hang in there Brucer41, Roswellgrey and others. They are a commin from dodge. I read or heard somewhere that Dodge will build and ship them as fast as they can and I think they are starting to do that finally. What I can't believe is , that mine is finally here !! Its at the rail yard in Newark NJ and to be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday . I just do not know how I will get any sleep for this weekend or few days. Anybody got any ideas besides getting drunk? LOL....No designated driver for this car so no drinking ! Yowelleeeeeeee ITs here ....Finally after over 3 years since being first thought of and almost a year since you could order the very first one , and some 51 dealers in total I finally get mine.!!!! I'm sorry everyone but I'm so happy and excited I don't know what to do. Thanks for all your support , understanding and help. You guys and Girls like Joani -IE DCXfan for are the very best! I hope you all stay around just a little bit, as I know I will, just to talk once in awhile and exchange ideas, help , and CHALLENGER STORIES . The very Best to you all. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

You're so lucky!! Please post pics when your baby arrives. I'm currently in F status (Paint), so I shouldn't be to far behind you. :) The wait is a killer!

mopar2ya 09-21-2008 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Well I am satill in KZ. THE CAR was supposed to ship out last night and today it is still in plant dispatch and scheduled to ship tonight. I had a delivery of Tuesday, now its Wednesday the 24th. I feel though I wont see it until after the 1st as how slowly it is moving from Plant Dispatch to actually leaving the plant. It has been done since the 12th supposedly and has dragged though JB (a week) and now for three days in KZ with no movement. The Train tracking site puts shipping at four days from Detroit railyard to Chicago railyard and then of course to a truck and then out to the Suburbs. So, as I said, may be after the 1st sometime. Fatcat, I am trying o catch up to you buts its not working:(
Got Testors?? [8D]

RoswellGrey 09-21-2008 01:54 AM

As we speak, my Challenger is about three miles from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current
Constructive Placement 09/21/2008 01:36 AM EDT On Railcar - Kirby, TX

Future
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 09/21/2008 02:00 PM EDT Kirby, TX
Unloaded From Railcar 09/22/2008 02:00 AM EDT Kirby, TX
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 09/25/2008 12:00 PM EDT Fiesta Auto Center
San Antonio, TX

Now, it has to go about 17 miles across town so I can bring it home.