Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

brucer41 09-26-2008 09:16 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Well a great day gone bad for me. Just got off the phone with my dealer. He told me my car will be in on Monday!!!! That is a wonderful YEAH!!! However, one slight, small, ity bitty, tiny, miniscule, almost not even noticible problem with the car that he felt bad having to tell me about. I ordered the SRT with a 6 speed trans. The car that will arrive on Monday is a 09 SRT, however it is an automatic! Somehow and I cannot even begin to believe it, they made the car an auto. All of my paperwork says 6 speed, the VinWin says 6 speed but the car is an auto. Dealer says I can take that one or wait for them to build another. He says he is trying to get a rush order done but he has no idea how long it will take. I dont know if I can do this over again. I am so stressed out from the wait and grief now I am not sure I can take another few months. My heart is really set on the 6 speed, its all I have wanted since I first read about this car and now I am faced with this dilema. WHAT TO DO? This just sucks on such a scale that is so bad. I am going to take the weekend and think real hard about what to do and try very hard to NOT take a claw hammer to my forehead.

jeffko 09-26-2008 09:25 AM

Brucer...WOW!! i can't imagine how this happened! That is terrible. Is the VIN representative of a standard? If not, the dealer had to have ordered it wrong.

Probably like you, i purposely did not buy a 2008 because i was set on getting the tremec 6 spd. I like having control over the car, and besides, when most people see a standard, they are less likely to ask to drive it!

I'm not sure what i would do if i was in your situation.

RoswellGrey 09-26-2008 09:39 AM

Brucer, I can't even begin to know how you feel. I can't believe they could make a mistake like that. [:o]

mopar2ya 09-26-2008 10:16 AM

Brucer... that sucks!! Sorry to hear it. Any chance they can look around at other dealers and see if there is one around optioned like you had ordered? Bad as it sounds you might have to order another one... if you had your heart set on a 6 speed you better do it... otherwise you will likely never be 100% satisfied and might find yourself regretting your decision.

Also might want to go to the dealer and make sure it is your VIN # he is talking about and double check everything... amazing how the dealers can get crossed up on things if you know what I mean. Again... sorry to hear about this... best of luck whatever you decide.

PS... I would personally reccomend glue over the claw hammer option... [8D]

mopar2ya 09-26-2008 10:23 AM

CONGRATS!! FATCAT!! Glad to hear your enjoying The Car... and The Grin... :D

RoswellGrey 09-26-2008 10:31 AM

:eek: I think in Fat Cat's case, "the grin" is probably from the G-forces of acceleration. ;)

topduarte 09-26-2008 11:03 AM

Sorry to hear that.

the same thing happened to a friend of mine who ordered one of the 1st C6 corvettes.

He ordered the 6 speed and when they delivered it, it came as auto!!

It happens but how the hell it does is I don't know.

Have the dealer, not you, search for another built 6 speed like yours. If you want a stick, stay with it and get a stick.

It is there mistake, so they should search for a 6 speed for you.

2007HemiCuda 09-26-2008 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: topduarte
Sorry to hear that...Have the dealer, not you, search for another built 6 speed like yours. If you want a stick, stay with it and get a stick...It is there mistake, so they should search for a 6 speed for you.
I agree this is a big deal just like if they got the color wrong, or no sunroof when you ordered one. Do you send your steak back if its wrong? Be firm make the dealer make it right if they don't give you proper service bail on them. Unless you ordered something completely crazy which is hard to do these days your combo with come around soon. IMO.

brucer41 09-26-2008 12:14 PM

Thanks guys. No it wasnt a crazy order just an SRT with a 6 speed, Hemi Orange, no MyGig/navigation or sunroof. Option Pack ll and performance tires. Nothing crazy at all. Dealer told me that there are no 6 speeds anywhere to be had. I have spent all day searching myself to be sure he wasnt yanking my chain. Not 6 speeds at all. Plenty of dealers saying they are getting one in a few days etc. I swear this blows so bad. I was ecstatic that I would be getting one of the first on our forum and absolutely the first one here in the Chicago land area. Felt really special. The wife wants to go over and look at the one they are getting in, just to take a look. I am going to check VIN and window sticker just to make sure. I really have no choice though, if I want THE CAR and a 6 speed I may have to reorder. It just makes me sick to think it will come in and I wont be driving it until like April! I dont know, I want the 6 speed but just dont know if I can wait again. Thanks guys for the support. Fatcat, put some miles on yours for me!

challygirl 09-26-2008 12:41 PM

hey guys heres a cool thing on our challengers on the speed channelclick on the link-Joani
http://www.speedtv.com/dodgechallenger