Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Am I crazy? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/am-i-crazy-6310/)

Utahemi 03-23-2009 06:43 PM

Am I crazy?

HI-well I just bought an 09 Challenger R/T today. I havn't even taken it home yet. I got divorced last May and had to sell my house so I thought I would get a Challenger to help assuage the grief. I traded in my 06 Mustang 6cyl for the Challenger and I am not used to the power yet, course I have only driven it a few miles so far. I hope I don't regret this purchase in the future but this is the car I have always wanted. I spent many years driving really crappy cars til I got divorced so this is a welcome change. I did like the Mustang though I only had it for a few months. Ok I am about to take the Challenger out on the freeway for the first time....
Sterling

RUBBERBNDMAN 03-23-2009 06:50 PM

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the purchase.

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-23-2009 07:43 PM

Been there also

Got divorced after almost 20 year's . Think I was 43 at the time. I had more fun in the next 4 years . I gave up a 88 Supra I had and kept my 90 Nissan pickup. It didn't make any different to all the women I dated . Then got a new red and tan leather 94 Miata . That I had when I met my current wife and got married again in 96 . Wish I could have had new Challenger R/T back then . But I have new one now . Black with 6 speed. Best of luck and welcome to a great forum.

BLK 6050 03-24-2009 06:32 AM

Welcome to the forum....so what you are saying is that you traded your wife in for the Challenger....(Just kidding)...Best of luck on the new phase of your life...The Challenger should help you through it....enjoy your grin.....

Dads R/T 03-25-2009 01:46 PM

You are not crazy. I had an 05 Mustang last year w/a V6. It doesnt even compare to the R/T Challenger. That is just what the divorce doctor ordered for your mid-Life-Chrysler (Crisis). Should help with the girls as they sure do stare. Your ex is probably one of them.

Ridge Runner 03-25-2009 02:25 PM

Congrats,and enjoy this new chapter in your life.You will like it,it shifts quick and pulls strong.

Mullit 03-26-2009 08:48 AM

Welcome, don't worry you won't regret it!

starfleet 03-28-2009 06:30 PM

Enjoy it, you deserve it!

rickerda 03-29-2009 04:32 AM

I traded my first wife for a new '92 Miata, best deal I ever made! but I do miss that car, I traded it in on a 99 Miata.

I love my Challenger and so will you, enjoy your new car and life.

canadiancanuck 03-29-2009 06:24 AM

welcome buddy.... JUST finalized my divorce last week.... and my car was adivorce gift for myself.... and it PO'd me ex wife

oh well it'll look good in my new house. New GF, new fresh start and new beginings.

Cheers to you buddy, enjoy the car,