Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   To drive or not to drive. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/drive-not-drive-2555/)

108Challenger 02-11-2008 09:04 AM

To drive or not to drive.

Well who is going to daily drive there new #berd cars, or put em away, or use them for cruises, shows, and the ocasional drive to work on a nice summer day?
Mine will see work a few times and mostly shows. I wont let it see water. And i dont plan on putting more then 1000 miles a year if that. Also will never sell it.

BootCamp 02-11-2008 09:36 AM

RE: To drive or not to drive.

'09 R/T - daily driver. Not a numbered '08. Status symbols don't impress me much. The '08 (buy it as we sell it with limited options) doesn't interest me. I'll buy mine the way I want it with as little compromise as possible.

I typically put less than 10K miles/year on my cars - my wife puts far less on her cars.

Possessions are wonderful things - unless you don't have anyone to share them with.
This car will be a reflection of my personality. I'm not the kind to keep things in. My car will be no different.

DSkippy 02-11-2008 10:25 AM

Mine will be a fair weather Friday car. I put 100 miles on my car to and from work, so I wouldn't squander gas and engine maintenance $ racking up commuter miles on this jammy. I will take it for long rides with the family on Sunday, but other than that...nah....she'll be in the garage under a dust cover w/ police tape to keep the cherubs from denting/scratching her w/ their bikes, blades, razors, pedal cars, etc....

BootCamp 02-11-2008 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy
....she'll be in the garage under a dust cover w/ police tape to keep the cherubs from denting/scratching her w/ their bikes, blades, razors, pedal cars, etc....

You need a shed for the bikes, razors, skate boards, etc., Bud.

Once I get my garage straightened out (aka - once my wife has her spring garage sale and gets all of the crap outa there), the garage will be my workshop again. The first parking place in front of the garage door is reserved for the Challenger.
;)

DSkippy 02-11-2008 12:06 PM

True that. We just moved and no shed @ the new joint. I was vacillating between framing one port for the Challenger in one of the bays in the house (secluded cell of isolation) or, per my father in law's suggestion, putting up a steel building with a framed off port for the chally and all the toys.

Justinec101 02-11-2008 12:12 PM

I plan on keeping this car forever. It will be my only car (can't afford 1 car much less 2) until I get to about 50,000 miles, which will probably take me about 5 or 6 years.

DSkippy 02-11-2008 12:14 PM

50K would be my second year. I couldn't afford not to have two cars.

MGDMike 02-11-2008 12:50 PM

Congrats.. i would love to see pics of the GN! My '09 will be driven daily.. might as well:D

stroken56 02-11-2008 03:10 PM

Mine will be a daily driver for a few months. My current dependable transpertation needs some TLC. Not only am I anxious to get the car, but my truck is too. A 96' Dodge w/ 170,000 miles. The trany isn't shifting as good as it used to, but with all the fluid leaks it will not start rusting any time soon.

anthem SS 02-11-2008 04:44 PM

Mine would be used sparingly, like my SS. i've had it for 10 years and only put 24,000 miles on it and it's all highway.
Now that i live in AZ, i'd probably use the Challenger more 'cause of the good weather all year 'round.