Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Leather seat wrinkles (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/leather-seat-wrinkles-6319/)

rjscuda 03-24-2009 07:48 PM

Leather seat wrinkles

Hi all mopar lovers, I have an 09 SRT8 6 spd Black loaded { how sweet it is } but my seat bottom outter edge has to many wrinkles,when they went to replace it we saw that the have a small fabic skirt on the outside and a large skirt on the inside, How could both leather edges wear evenly? I have been wating for a month now because the wrong side is misboxed from the factory.I really like the look of my new challenger with my black 1970 440cuda, Life is good-- later Ray

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-25-2009 05:04 PM

Life has been good to you

Originally Posted by rjscuda (Post 69426)
Hi all mopar lovers, I have an 09 SRT8 Black loaded { how sweet it is } but my seat bottom outter edge has to many wrinkles,when they went to replace it we saw that the have a small fabic skirt on the outside and a large skirt on the inside, How could both leather enges wear evenly? I have been wating for a month now because the wrong side is misboxed from the factory.I really like the look of my new challenger with my black 1970 440cuda, Life is good-- later Ray

440 Cuda and new Challenger . We have a retired State Trooper in our Mopar Club who has a restored 1970 Challenger R/T 440 6 Pack with 4 speed. and he just got a new 09 Red SRT 6 speed. Hope they get your seat fixed soon.

rjscuda 03-30-2009 09:12 AM

seat repaired

Originally Posted by rjscuda (Post 69426)
Hi all mopar lovers, I have an 09 SRT8 6 spd Black loaded { how sweet it is } but my seat bottom outter edge has to many wrinkles,when they went to replace it we saw that the have a small fabic skirt on the outside and a large skirt on the inside, How could both leather edges wear evenly? I have been wating for a month now because the wrong side is misboxed from the factory.I really like the look of my new challenger with my black 1970 440cuda, Life is good-- later Ray

Seat repaired today and ready for fun. The cuda took 2 years and 3 boxs of recepts I will never add up to see what I'm in her for but I must of not been frightened off by it as I am now building a 73 cuda from the ground up. Later Ray

BLK 6050 03-30-2009 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by rjscuda (Post 69654)
Seat repaired today and ready for fun. The cuda took 2 years and 3 boxs of recepts I will never add up to see what I'm in her for but I must of not been frightened off by it as I am now building a 73 cuda from the ground up. Later Ray

Rule number one when restoring an old car.....Never add up all the recepts, and if you must, NEVER do it in front of the wife........
(I started to add up my recepts to see how much I was into my '67 Charger....I stopped mid stream...still cann't believe how how I spent over the years.......But I would still do it all over again, no matter the price!)

KyChallengerR/T6spd 04-12-2009 06:18 PM

I have a seat issue also

About mid way up on the side boster next to the door on driver side. The vinyl or leather is really scuffed up bad. Either the belt or buckle is doing it . Can't be anything else. Guess I'm going to have to talk to the dealer. It shouldn't do that. I'm I the only one with this problem.