Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Most important FACT

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most important FACT

If anyone had concerns about the new "american" muscle car you should.. In case you didnt know,The motors are made in mexico and the rest is made in Canada!!!WTF!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by mtski
If anyone had concerns about the new "american" muscle car you should.. In case you didnt know,The motors are made in mexico and the rest is made in Canada!!!WTF!!!
depends on the model, the hemi is made in mexico but the 3.5 is made in the USA....... but i do agree
that while it is an american car it should not be considered american made.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

How about American designed?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Dont get me wrong i'm not putting down the car at all.i actualy contiplated getting one but opted for a 06 gto.
What im getting at is outsourcing is way outa control thanks to corporate greed. BTW wp23n nice car.
20 mexican motor builders
200 canadian car assemblers
1 american designer
Priceless i think not

Last edited by mtski; 02-15-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:41 AM

Not too sure what point you are trying to make with this thread. Most, if not all American cars have had foreign parts in them for many years, so that is not news. It's all a part of the "global economy" that any first year economics student should be very familiar with. While I will not argue the pros and cons of out sourcing, it is fact that it has became a huge part of manufacturing...good or bad.
Personally, I feel that is is not so much were the parts are produced or the vehicle is assemblied, but where the money ultimately goes. And, in the case of DODGE...it comes to American (yes, there is the Fiat portion, but it's still American in everything but upper managment and funding...but that's a whole different subject). So I really don't have any issues with my Challenger being built North of the border, and the engine being built South of the border. (Although, it would means jobs for Americans if the plant was down here...again, another subject). Just as long as the build quality is present.....I have no issues with the above. Bottomline, I am enjoying my new Challenger and it's about as American as the original in both looks and concept (unlike the new and now discontinued Pontiac GTO, which was nothing like the original). And, in case you have forgotten.....the Musclecar was an American idea....
Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 AM

I thought the point was very obvious BLK plus i actually mention it in case you missed it it was about outsourcing american products then labelling them american muscle. As far as the gto goes anytime you wanna line them up i will be gald to show you my tail lights. Thats something you cant learn in economics
Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 AM

Ok, if the entire point you are trying to make is that the Challenger can not be called "American" because it has outsourced parts.....then please tell what if any major products are truly "American" by your definition.....I sadly feel the list would be very short to say the least. I, in no way, shape or form am trying to defend or support outsourcing....it's just the way it is, and more than likely will always be.
As for your GTO being faster than my Challenger....Sorry, if I touch a sensitive area for you, but to be perfectly honest with you.....I could care less how fast your GTO might be, and yes you are correct that it is faster than my Challenger....However, I didn't buy my Challenger to race (been there, done that).
I hope you enjoy your Australian GTO, and I will enjoy my "American" Challenger built in Canada, Mexico, and other unnamed locations.........

Last edited by BLK 6050; 02-16-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM

You are pretty defensive,Do you work for dodge?As far as my Vauxhal,as fast as it may be, its a ticking time bomb.Probably getting rid of it due to money i need to spend to keep it running.Shouldve bought a challenger
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by mtski
You are pretty defensive,Do you work for dodge?As far as my Vauxhal,as fast as it may be, its a ticking time bomb.Probably getting rid of it due to money i need to spend to keep it running.Shouldve bought a challenger
Sorry, if I am coming across as overly defensive as that was not my goal. Just trying to keep the dialog going, perhaps it’s just an old habit from a past college debating class. So if you feel offended, perhaps I should apologize. I figured that you posted what you did because you were looking for a robust two way dialog on your subject. Still trying to figure out why you would post what you did, if you were not looking to get an opposing view. If you want to keep the dialog, let’s not let it get personal, like I said before, you enjoy your GTO and I will enjoy my Challenger…sounds as if we are both “car people”. As for your question regarding my working for Dodge, the answer is no. Actually, I work in the financial Dept of Boeing Aircraft, which is why I am very familiar with outsourcing and global economics….I work in that world. All our products, whether commercial or military have parts that are built overseas, but bottom-line is that they are still “American”…..and I might add the best products in the world. Even our AH-64 Apache Longbow and new 787 have many major assemblies that are built by other countries. But in my mine they are still, and always will be American. Like I said before….it’s the way business is done these days.

Last edited by BLK 6050; 02-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:43 PM

I also apolagize it wasnt my intentions to be a a$$hole. I am just bitter because i lost my job in NY due to outsourcing and its a sore subjuct. I guess my intention was to get feedback or other POV. I also own a dodge ram with over 100k miles and it just seems that when i have to replace a part(often lately) The parts seem to be subpar and worst then original.for instance wheel beerings. The new ones rusted out in 6 months!

Quick Reply: Most important FACT