Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   My '08 SRT (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/my-08-srt-5257/)

miloe70 11-07-2008 08:09 AM

My '08 SRT

I got lucky and was able to buy the car of my dreams! I recently bought the 2008 Challenger SRT and I LOVE IT!!!!! Dodge did so many things right with the car. It has the muscle to get up and go but has a ride to compare to just about any luxury car I have ever driven. The car is absolutely perfect. I think it could be one of the best cars I ever bought. If anyone out there is pondering on buying one of these cars......DO IT! This car will not let you down. I passed on the new Camero for this car with no regrets. I can not say enough on how happy I am that I bought mine.

DarkCorner 11-07-2008 08:20 PM

RE: My '08 SRT

I have to agree, I couldn't want more from mine. There are a few features that seem querky but that has nothing to do with the ride or handleing. As for the Camaro, I loved my '70 back in the day. I would restore another one if I had the time. But when I seen that concept in '06 and the Challenger concept at the same show, hands down Dodge did their homework and kept to the original styling. On the Camaro they tried but over exaggerated some features and softened too many of the body lines. I just don't see the Camaro coming back like this. I could be wrong but they seem to have tried to redesign a '67-69 krisp body style and morph into newer rounder look-a-like. Had it been that they took the '70-73 body and modified it some and added todays technology I guess I might be still waiting and I would be looking at the www.chevycamaro.com/forum who knows.

KMPX2 11-11-2008 04:49 AM

Welcome to the forums

fightergeneral 11-21-2008 12:00 PM

Personally I believe the Camaro will outsell the Dodge....I ordered the Challenger based on large size plus it has a v8 that takes regular and rear seat big enough for kids up to teens. I love the design just as much as the Camaro ( I've seen both concepts in person). I won't knock the Camaro till I have a legit reason to....yet.

BLK 6050 11-23-2008 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: miloe70

I got lucky and was able to buy the car of my dreams! I recently bought the 2008 Challenger SRT and I LOVE IT!!!!! Dodge did so many things right with the car. It has the muscle to get up and go but has a ride to compare to just about any luxury car I have ever driven. The car is absolutely perfect. I think it could be one of the best cars I ever bought. If anyone out there is pondering on buying one of these cars......DO IT! This car will not let you down. I passed on the new Camero for this car with no regrets. I can not say enough on how happy I am that I bought mine.
Couldn't have said any better......
As far as the Camaro is concerned, I don't care for the look, but it will sell well as the Camaro has always had a huge following............That's one of the things I have always liked about driving a Mopar...there are fewer of them out there so you are not passing one every block.......

Paladin06 11-23-2008 10:48 AM

I met a young lady at a local carshow last night who had just ordered a new SS Camaro. She told me and a group standing around CRUSH that she likes the new Camaro because she came from a Bowtie family but, she loves the Challenger.;)

mopar2ya 11-23-2008 04:53 PM

She was probably just hittin on ya Paladin... ;)

Paladin06 11-23-2008 04:56 PM

Not like, since I had the wife and daughter with me.;)

lear4406 11-23-2008 08:00 PM

Gotta have those Camaros on the road... it would'nt be fun without them around to mess with:D I hope to see a few on the road and remind them about the "NEW BOSS" same as the old BOSS. Man I can't wait to hit the streets with the Camaro and Mustang boys. Its all good.:) Have fun in your new ride and welcome to the forums.

BUDMAN 11-23-2008 08:28 PM

Yes you are right I raced a new Shelby early this morning twice and all he could see was my tail lights he tried telling me his tires were spinning I told him buddy so were mine and I still smoked you so come back when you have something to race me. I was only running 4 lbs of boost

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Gotta have those Camaros on the road... it would'nt be fun without them around to mess with:D I hope to see a few on the road and remind them about the "NEW BOSS" same as the old BOSS. Man I can't wait to hit the streets with the Camaro and Mustang boys. Its all good.:) Have fun in your new ride and welcome to the forums.