Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to Forum New to Mopar (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-forum-new-mopar-5594/)

orangecrushSRT8 12-16-2008 06:30 PM

New to Forum New to Mopar

Tomorrow I pick up my Challenger SRT8, Hemi Orange. I am really looking forward to it. I have been mostly a GM owner for my entire life but I couldn't resist this new Challenger. I love the look and from what I hear, I am going to love the performance. I am enjoying reading all the posts from Challenger owners.

brentmannrt09 12-16-2008 06:34 PM

RE: New to Forum New to Mopar

As Paladin will tell you the "Grin" comes free of charge! Enjoy it-you'll love how it drives-smooth and fast!

2009SRT_wife 12-16-2008 06:36 PM

Congrats Orangecrush!! Welcome aboard:) You will LOVE it - looks and performance. We will expect pics when you take delivery. Auto or 6spd? We have the Black SRT8 6sp with all the fun stuff - I am a PT driver - but I love driving it and looks I, oh I mean it gets, are TONS of fun!!!!

Congrats again!! Many fun times await you[sm=groupwave.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1998/ECAE98CBB74C4594BB53D946CBBFC232.jpg[/IMG]

epegasus 12-16-2008 06:45 PM

Ahh the performance. The Challenger experience isn't in getting from 0 to 60 faster than any other car. It's the sound of a HEMI coming onto it's cam. That combined with the torque hit... and then another torque hit... and then that rush you get while revving through 5000 rpm. Many have complained about the weight but funny thing is, if the car were lighter the experience would go by so fast and furiously that the thrill of planting your foot and holding it down between shifts would be lost if you were constantly struggling to stay off the rev limiter. I've seen a lot of supercharged Challenger of late and they all bounce off the limiter way quick in the first few gears which is a shame. When I turn off the ESP the Challenger still behaves and thrusts instead of just lighting up the tires. That's the extra weight pressing that rubber to the ground.

Man, I love this car and it has only been 162 miles. I haven't even gotten close to red lining it and there's so much torque I can still have fun.

ORIGINAL: orangecrushSRT8

Tomorrow I pick up my Challenger SRT8, Hemi Orange. I am really looking forward to it. I have been mostly a GM owner for my entire life but I couldn't resist this new Challenger. I love the look and from what I hear, I am going to love the performance. I am enjoying reading all the posts from Challenger owners.

70sguy 12-16-2008 06:52 PM

Orangecrush,

Try it you will like it! There is no doubt you will have the grin. It is hard, I mean very hard not to drive this car every available chance you get. The beast just wants to be driven.

Paladin06 12-17-2008 01:03 AM

Welcome! It's all about the the Rock Star status and the GRIN!!

mopar2ya 12-17-2008 03:52 AM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum orangecrush!! The car is absolutely awesome! You"re definately in for a treat.

How about some pics and driving impressions once you have her in hand..

Enjoy the Grin! :D

tskatz 12-17-2008 03:59 AM

I had three Shelby County Sheriff's deputys just go crazy over my car. I was sitting in it in a parking lot and they came over and said we heard your idle and it sounded so good...then they proceeded to inspect and drool over the car. They were very nice and extremely complimentary. Welcome to the forum!

mopar2ya 12-17-2008 04:06 AM

Ahhhh... the memories... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WICosbX8k

BLK 6050 12-17-2008 04:30 AM

Welcome to the forum and Challenger ownership....glad you came in from the dark side (GM ownership), most of us have been there at one time or another in the past......