Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New guy here that never thought he would buy a Dodge. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-guy-here-never-thought-he-would-buy-dodge-5321/)

fightergeneral 11-14-2008 07:27 AM

New guy here that never thought he would buy a Dodge.

I grew up a Chevy guy just like my father. I own a 2004 SSR and a 2008 Suburban. My father had nothing but Chevy in his life and I was going to get the new Camaro...beautifal car it is...I've seen the Challenger in concept form and liked it but was going to stick with Camaro until yesterday. I have a family now ,the kids are 6 and 8. I took my SSR for service and the local dodge dealer that was next to Chevy. I said what the hell, let me look at the Challenger. Up close it was beautiful and so big like I like em. I asked the sales rep to open her up and let me have a seat, but not in the drivers seat,( anyone can sit in the drivers seat). I sat in the rear seat and magically went back in time to the late 60's and early 70's when I was a little kid remembering my father's 65 chevelle coupe that was the family vehicle. Compared to the Mustang and New Camaro (seen personally too at auto shows) the rear sear was spacious. I had a tear in my eye (for real) and sat there for only half a minute but it felt like 40 years. I asked if I could see the trunk and it was huge almost like the old days. I was sold and put a deposit on the first 2009 Dodge Challenger RT Classic in B5 blue for this dealership just because I now considered this car a Great American Family Coupe or even better The American Family Muscle car. I thought I would never see this day again. I have not told my wife yet but she knows that I'm in the market for a family sedan. Boy will she be surprised at the family sedan I bought. My father who is in heaven now would approve. Thanks Dodge.

mopar2ya 11-14-2008 07:32 AM

RE: New guy here that never thought he would buy a Dodge.

Congrats fighter... and thanks for sharing your story! :)

lear4406 11-15-2008 04:58 PM

Have fun when she arrives and your kids will be doing what you did as a kid. For them "these are the good old days". And you are one cool Dad. welcome to the Dodge experience, hope its a good one;)

2009SRT_wife 11-15-2008 06:21 PM

If you let her drive it - she will be more in love with you than she is now. While we don't have little ones anymore - my niece who is 8 yrs old - looked sooo cute sitting in the back, getting her first taste of speed in a true muscle car. I wish I would have had an aunt and uncle like us when I was growing up. I like the description of the American Family Muscle Car. It truly is an awesome car. Congrats! We have owned the 2009 SRT 6 speed standard for exactly one week. Today was the first drive for me! Wow she is incredible! Runs fast and the sound is awesome - but remarkably quiet on the interior. And the tech package is very advanced and easy to use. It is like the muscle cars we remember, but with all the bells and whistles that technology provides. Lots of good times are ahead. :D

fightergeneral 11-16-2008 06:33 PM

Besides my father my 4 uncles had blue 67 galaxie 500, red 69 chevy malibu, 71 gold olds toronado and 68 red buick ,all coupes each with 2 to 4 kids in them. I remember when the coupe was a big part of the American family sedans. Challenger brought some of that back. I did not see it till I sat in the back. If it had only a 6 cylinder I would not have gone for it...The reason I'm not going for SRT8 is that it runs on premium and mileage stinks, besides the RT has plenty of power( plus am going to add Corsa cat back exhaust and K N aircharger intake)... I'll keep up with the best of them for the most part....plus I don't care about beating the other guy on the track or street..I'm not 22 anymore..I just know I'll look good and feel good anyway in this vehicle, period,bottom line....Lastly these might very well be the last American Muscle cars out with a V8...one day with the way things are going they will go extinct . All I've ever owned were 8's. Again thanks dodge.

KMPX2 11-17-2008 04:56 AM

Welcome to the site

70sguy 11-17-2008 03:57 PM

Fighter,

Nice decision, you won't regret it. When my 08 srt came in, I nearly teared up myself. It is an awesome car.

BLK 6050 11-18-2008 09:53 AM

Welcome to the dark side, well B5 Blue anyway.........enjoy your ride.....