Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   WHOOO HOOOO - ;-D (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/new-member-area-5/whooo-hoooo-%3B-d-5478/)

epegasus 12-02-2008 06:36 PM

WHOOO HOOOO - ;-D

Just took delivery of my 2009 SRT8 6 Speed (Brilliant Silver w/stripe delete)

Christmas, Birthday, Forth of July and Ground Hog's day all rolled into one. That HEMI is a brute and it loves to rev. It's still a small block so I'm not all that surprised at how quickly it builds up thrust but the mid-range and top end after-burner was a nice surprise.

But what's even better is the ride. It is firm but comfortableand can take a pot hole like a champ. Then you find a hard corner to throw it and you can almost feel the Earths rotation change just a little bit from all the Gs. The tires hold the wieght very well and the suspension just works. I still have not reached the 500 mile break-in point so I'm really getting to know the handling aspects of the car by not using the awesome brakes on some of my favorite back roads. Fun Fun Fun.

Hey guys, I'VE GOT A PISTOL GRIP SHIFTER!! So sweet! And 6 gears, to boot. Even sweeter! The memory foam sport seats hold you just right while you clutch and shift. Engine brake into a hard corner and then rip out the other side with just a hint of rear drift. Yeah Bavvy.

Then, I'm zipping along listening to the Blue Collar Comedy channel on the Sirius Radio and giving my buddies the play by play through the blue tooth connected through the stereo speakers while my buns are warming in the heated seats (2 settings) and checking out my 0-60 times and G forces on the dash... WOW.

And to top it all off... PUSH BUTTON START!! WHEEEEEEeeeeeee!!!!!

i love this car

mopar2ya 12-02-2008 06:50 PM

RE: WHOOO HOOOO - ;-D

Congrats and Welcome epeg!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Great to hear your enthusiasim about the car... sweet huh?? :D

You forgot to mention the grin though... yours did come with a grin didn"t it... ;)

Thanks for sharing!!

epegasus 12-02-2008 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Congrats and Welcome epeg!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Great to hear your enthusiasim about the car... sweet huh?? :D

You forgot to mention the grin though... yours did come with a grin didn"t it... ;)

Thanks for sharing!!
It's more of a Perma-grin. My wife has to massage my jowls during the night to keep my fascial muscles from locking up. And I must give a gigantic shout out to the missus for going along with my insanity. Shoot, the car is in her name because she wanted me to have what has been an obsession since I first saw the concept car. I've been so dissapointed by so many concept cars that got watered down to nothing. I am still stunned by how close they were able to keep the Challenger to the dream. The designers and engineers NAILED it. Shame they weren't given a clean piece of paper, though. Imagine if this bad boy weighed 3200 lbs? But I'm not complaining. I have no plans to street race this baby. A little open road play and back roads 2 step but I've got nothing to prove from one stop light to the next. Besides, how can everyone see how beautiful the car makes me look if I'm bombing by at Mach 3?

canadiancanuck 12-03-2008 07:23 AM

welcome to the site, congrats on the car.

2009SRT_wife 12-03-2008 05:56 PM

Hey epagasus!

Congrats on the newly acquired toy:D We also have the 2009 SRT8 6 speed - incredible isn't it? Ours is Metallic Black! Love the silver too. You are right on all accounts - comfortable, handles great in the corners, and has all the tech bells and whistles. It is hard to believe someone can have this car in their personal line-up. When my husband considered the Camaro concept not due out until next year and the Challenger, I said "the Challenger." The Challenger does "hold true to the dream" - it is so close to what it used to be - but "fancier." The Camaro's lines are too harsh - it looks like a "concept" car - modeled after the original - the Challenger is sooooo close! You did fail to mention one tiny aspect of the car - she is CRAZY FAST!!! She begs to be driven. Anyone who sits behind the wheel can not deny the desire to go through the gears and see what she can do. It is incredible! I love it too:D Women can be great when it comes to fast cars and dreams.....

epegasus 12-03-2008 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 2009SRT_wife

Hey epagasus!

It is incredible! I love it too:D Women can be great when it comes to fast cars and dreams.....
I'm still at break-in so I haven't gone all that fast but I will say this. The thing rides so solidly that I was cruising along at what felt like 60 - 65. I was running 85-90 and the car wasn't even awake, yet. I'm going to have to watch it BIG TIME.

BLK 6050 12-04-2008 05:13 AM

Guess there's no point in asking how you like your new Challenger....Enjoy and welcome to the forum...

brucer41 12-04-2008 05:44 AM

Congrats and welcome! I would say though, with a little more enthusiasm we could almost tell you like the car! :D

epegasus 12-05-2008 04:29 PM

Weather finally cleared for some pictures

Jake 1

Jake 2

Jake 3

Jake 4

[IMG]local://upfiles/2043/1FECC069FE8E4BF39EADC9BE65A5624B.jpg[/IMG]

2009SRT_wife 12-05-2008 05:18 PM

Those pics are great! I attached one of our baby (aka: CARNVR). I LOVE this car! The looks it gets everywhere are super - We have only had her 3 weeks and love her more every day! I really had to have the black but the silver looks fab too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1998/8E7EBD8533E248D588C99DFA1B183A97.jpg[/IMG]