Notices
Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going Forced Induction.

procharger and throwing codes

Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger and throwing codes

hello everybody i am new to this forum and excited about being here and learning i have a 2009 srt 8 dodge challenger six speed metalic gray with black stripe. basically i want a procharger i do have concerns such as i have been told that the engine sometimes throws codes with the aditional boost they say it is easy to reset but to those who have a supercharger has yours threw and engine codes. also one guy i new blew a head gasket had coolant all over his engine he was told the supercharger put to much pressure on the head gasket anybody had this problem. basically it would be nice to know common problems people had had with there procharger or supercharger. also finally i cannot afford to do the whole header setup and change out of catback exhauset at this time is it safe with six pounds of boost to run with factory exhaust and without headers until i get more money thanks and plenty more questions to come oh and my best 0 to 60 time is 5.7 seconds trying to get into the four seconds area without supercharger

Last edited by vinny; 02-20-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 AM

bump come on guys i no i am new but did i do something wrong asking this question?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:07 PM

Hey Vinny, I'm not sure of the answer, but will suggest you contact Mr Norms Garage as they should have the answer... as to 0 to 60 I think its only a matter of traction, drag radials?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by mpbg43
Hey Vinny, I'm not sure of the answer, but will suggest you contact Mr Norms Garage as they should have the answer... as to 0 to 60 I think its only a matter of traction, drag radials?
hey mpbg thanks but who is mr norms garage and what is there number thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM

I happen to know a few of the guys in this progressive New Mopar Iron Company, their web site is http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/ Mr Norm was a Chicagoland Dodge Dealer in the 60's who created one off cars to sell at his dealership... like the GSS dart with a 440 to name just one, He's an older guy now, but has some young guys who are thinking outside of the box.... I've seen and touched several of their creations including a number of super charged Challengers... their set up might not be the same as you are considering, but my guess is the issues installing them should be similar.