Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   67' Cuda Story (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/67-cuda-story-1380/)

tdub2112 05-29-2007 07:04 PM

67' Cuda Story

Ok, some of you may know i'm 13, probably the youngest guy out here. So my dad has a old, good lookin' 1967 cuda. The story behind it is, all through my mom's pregnacy he worked on restoring itwhile she sat in a lawn chair, reading, or whatever. He's been through about three cuda's over the years, and this one is still in good shape, just rusted, a torn seat cover and a small dent. but it runs great. We're going to fix er' up this summer after my eagle project. BUT BOY DO I LOVE AND WANT THE CAR! It is MY car. he can have a challenger and we'll drag um'.

NOT ON MY LIFE! I'LL SAVE ME THE LOSS!:(

lear4406 05-30-2007 03:50 AM

RE: 67' Cuda Story

Perfect example of the Mopar dream being passed from one generation to the next. Enjoy the resto you and your dad will share. The time spent will be priceless and you will learn alot about cars and more about the love shared by father and son. Goodluck on your adventure in the car world.

jdb840 05-30-2007 05:00 AM

I agree with Lear on this. My best memories with my dad was restoring my 68 Charger. Although there are plenty more great memories we had shared, but these will just be my favorite. And whenever I have a child, and plan on doing the same with him.

Nero 06-05-2007 03:30 PM

Man I wish my dad is into tinkering with cars. I have an uncle that does that but he lives over 7 hours away, this makes for a hard time to go tinkering. Ha ha. Good luck on your Eagle project. I never got mine but I was told that I was the most active Scout that they had until I ran out of time doing things with them. I still miss going camping and doing all the silly stuff that happens in Scouts. (Salutes) My hat is off to you and don't stop at Eagle, soar higher. By the way what does "NOT ON MY LIFE! I'LL SAVE ME THE LOSS!" mean?

tdub2112 06-06-2007 05:00 PM

Save me the loss of gettin beat by the old man in his chally.:(

my eagle project is posting signs for no fireworks, no littering and handicap spots for our 4TH 'o' July parade.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]:)

My uncle's dad has a beefed up old plymouth GTX. 67' I belive.

McDonald 06-06-2007 05:13 PM

My father just sold his 71 Cuda today.. Man i loved that car..

RoswellGrey 06-06-2007 07:57 PM

McDonald, what's the story on the Torino on your myspace page? Is that yours?

Nero 06-07-2007 04:30 PM

My uncle has an early, and I mean early, Plymouth. I don't recall the name of the model, but it has some fancy name, but the sucker has a first gen Hemi! The sucker won't win any awards but it can take out any deer, take a lickin and keep on ticking.