Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Backup plan? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/backup-plan-1294/)

Olds442 05-01-2007 01:58 AM

Backup plan?

Has anyone else given it thought of what kind of vehicle they would get if for some reason..

- the new Challenger fell through
- they didn’t have enough money to afford this kind of car
- not practical
- other responsibilities
- anything I couldn’t think of

I think I would have to say a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

WhiteHeat 05-01-2007 09:47 AM

RE: Backup plan?

Backup plans? Sure:

If I NEED a car before the Challenger is available (not likely): '07 Eclipse

If the Challenger is too expensive (over $35K): '08 Accord Coupe if it looks as good as promised.

I would also consider the new Camaro and the Mustang, but I'd probably pick the Accord. The concept Camaro interior is too gaudy and I've had a bad history with Fords.

Heat

TechmanBD 05-01-2007 09:57 AM

Already have my back up. The pic of what I have in in my avatar. I couldn't wait and I don't see the Challenger being in the price range I would pay.

lear4406 05-01-2007 11:06 AM

I would not buy a car if the Challenger were to not be available. I own 5 cars and the money would be split between them. I really don't need this Challenger, I just want it, its what I've been waiting for from Dodge. The newest car I own is a 1993. So they have'nt built a car that I would consider until now.

Cuda340 05-01-2007 11:21 AM

I have decided to wait for the 2009 Challenger SRT.

If DCX pulled the plug on the Challenger, I would buy a Charger SRT.

MGDMike 05-01-2007 12:02 PM

I have no clue.. maybe a Sebring.

wallstreetman 05-01-2007 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

I have no clue.. maybe a Sebring.

My girlfriend just bought one and everyone says how expensive it looks! Classy car!

pcoxe 05-01-2007 07:02 PM

If Dodge cancels the Challenger, I'll probably go to the other extreme and see what Chevy does with the Volt hybrid concept car. If I can't get maximum performance, I'll go for maximum fuel economy instead.

Jeremiah 29:11 05-01-2007 07:05 PM

How about a Hemi hybrid? LOL!

Can you imagine a Hemi Hybrid Challenger?

Hybrid Hemi Chrysler Aspen On The Way in 08

The headline says it all. Chrysler is planning to release a Hemi-powered hybrid engine in 2008 under the hood of the Aspen SUV, along with its Dodge Durango twin. The company claims the hybrid system – jointly developed with BMW and GM (minus the Hemi of course) — will deliver 25% better fuel economy and 40% better efficiency in the city.

There are no exact mileage estimates, but using the current gas-powered Hemi Aspen’s EPA figures — 14/19 mpg city/highway — this would bring city mileage up to 19.6 mpg, with the highway seeing much less of an increase, up to just more than 23 mpg. All figures are using the 2007 EPA guidelines.

The company doesn’t say if horsepower or torque will be increased, but they should be higher than the current 335 hp and 375 pounds-feet of torque. There’s also no mention of an exact release date but it will definitely be in calendar year 2008. The thinking behind such a move probably has to do with the fact that poor mileage has hurt large SUV sales along with the fact that the cost of such systems will likely be more easily absorbed in a higher priced vehicle.

Paladin06 05-01-2007 07:15 PM

Yep, a 1969 Road Runner.