Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Bringing the site back to life (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/bringing-site-back-life-7256/)

RLSH700 01-26-2010 02:00 PM

Bringing the site back to life

Alright, now that I finally have a little time for a change. I wanted to ask you all an important question. I know the site isn't what it used to be, and I know that my lack of activity is a contributing factor to the decline in site's activity. I know we are having some problems with spam and other related issues.

What I want to know from you since it is your site and you make it what it is, what things are right with the site which keeps you coming here nearly everyday?

What things do you enjoy the most about the site?

What things need improvement?

How can we do a better job of making people want to come here and stay here?

What things about the site that has changed do you want to see return (if all possible)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

canadiancanuck 01-26-2010 02:10 PM

well, I like the site for a number of reasons, it's a quieter site in the respect that it's not cluttered with 100 different forums, the members caliber on here tends to be an older more knowledgable group (not to offend anyone).

I think maybe trying reputation points or "wisdom" tags to some more knowledgable members would be a great help to some newbies, or members not sure about a mod, ro change pr questons about the car taht a more knowledgable member would know or has experienced.

stevelegel 01-26-2010 04:50 PM

I've always liked it here. We had a close knit group, and shared personal and Challenger stuff. I especially remember the Las Vegas SRT experience.

I post the collection stuff here exclusively, and rely on board members to help me find and collect.

Maybe personal outreach to members we've not heard from in a while?

jdb840 01-27-2010 03:40 AM

I agree with the above comments, it's nice to have a quiet site. I hate it on other sites when posting it's more bashing then contributing, where here it's more like we are all friends.

I haven't really been on this site or I should say actively articipating in a while.

wp23n 01-27-2010 04:56 AM

I have not been a member as long as most of you have, joined in April of last year
but as the guys above have said this site is quieter which is nice and most questions are thought out not innocuous BS which i really like.

my only complaint is the spammers that have been hammering us recently,hiding links in posts with the final straw being this latest PM with the trojan link in it.
i don't know if this board format will allow it but i know some sites wont allow PMing until you have 10-25 posts, if we can put that in to effect then i say do it.

also a little more moderation as these spambots are blatant with their stupid posts.
maybe by adding another moderator or 2 this way there is plenty of redundancy to nip these SOBs in the bud.

kramtrah 01-27-2010 05:28 AM

I too have always enjoyed it here, although it's far quieter than it once was. Meeting some of the folks here in Vegas last June was even better. Andre, Frank, Joanie, Keith, Larry, Brent, and Dennis. We had a heck of a time. This forum had been a great place with no belittling effects I see elsewhere. Glad to see you back RLSH. We just need to get you and Jeremiah into a car now.

lear4406 01-27-2010 06:56 AM

I too have been pre occupied with my job to post as much as I have in the past. But I do come by daily and read and enjoy. I like the layed back knowleged approch also. This site has always been for the most part very respectful. Some folks don't like that and want a more in your face deal. So they go off to sites that allow that type of bickering. I think when spring gets here we will pick up quite a bit. I will be hitting the tracks and posting my times and also a show or two.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-27-2010 03:51 PM

It was refreshing to hear that you guys like the quieter forum. I was actually surprised. I too have been busy with working harder in this down economy.

The Moderators on this forum have been trying to monitor the activities and you cannot imagine the number of bans we have done. Some my response may take a day or so but hopefully it is helping. Like we have said in the past, we try to run a "family friendly forum" it is discussed in the rule section. We have done that from the beginning and I think that helped this forum in the long run. We just don't tolerate treating and talking to each like dirt. Enough said.

Kamtrah thanks for thinking about us. I hope get a car in the future. If the economy looks good and business is up maybe a 6.4L/manual might happen when it comes out. We shall see. Since that rumor popped out a couple of years ago I have patient.

I still remember in the early days of this forum that I had a few people get mad at me because I said they would never have a Challenger convertible.
Well so far I don't feel so bad. I still believe that.

RLSH700 01-27-2010 04:16 PM

Well, I'm pleased by the outstanding feedback. I thank you all for your suggestions. I'm glad to hear that the atmosphere is what has kept you here. Hopefully, we can implement solutions to your suggestions for improvement.

kramtrah, I'm glad to be back and have a chance to chat with my friends after the long break. I appreciate your willingness to see us in our Challengers to be. As I said many times before, I prefer to wait and let the bugs be worked out of a car before I buy it. Also, I've got house payments to make right now and need to purchase appliances. I've got a promotion coming down the road, so hopefully after that, I'll be able to begin pricing a Challenger.

If there is another get together this year and my schedule allows it, I would be proud to come to it and have a chance to place some faces with user names.

RareTA 01-29-2010 01:08 PM

I just reformatted my puter cause of vituses I couldn't get rid of and had no idea where they came from. I now think it was from here and I'm still getting PM's from LadyrootFiX, entitled "Attention: Virus Alert!".

I'll admit I'm not to chatty so I don't usually say much. Unless this PM thing doesn't get fixed I'm just going to drop off completely. Sorry but it took 3 days to get my machine up and running again and I don't want to go through it again!