Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Changes NASCAR should make. (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/changes-nascar-should-make-336/)

RLSH700 06-29-2006 07:58 PM

Changes NASCAR should make.

I have lost interest in NASCAR after I took a tour of Penske Auto Racing's factory and learned a few things I didn't know previously.

1. They all use the same platform now between the Big Three.
2. The engines they use are no longer used in the cars the sell (meaning the V8s in the NASCAR vehicles cannot be found in any new GM, Ford, or Chrysler products).
3. They are still using four speed manuals (which are not used in any new performance cars).

In other words, the difference betweent the racing Intrepid and the racing Charger is the plastic cover styling. The difference between a racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo, racing Ford Fusion, and racing Charger is marginal. Back in the golden days, the cars had to offer the engine and transmission being used by the drive, not any more.

I think it's time to update NASCAR. Here are my proposals.

You may use any engine displacement up to 440 cubic engines and any transmission up to 6-speeds; however, you may only use what engines and transmissions you actually offer with the car you are selling with the fuel systems that are in there. Meaning the Monte Carlo may use their 5.3L LS4 with the 4T65E-HD, Ford will only be allowed to use their 3.0L VVT with the Aisin-Warner 6-speed, the Charger will be allowed to use the 6.1L HEMI with the A580 transmission. No changes can be made to the gear ratios other than to the rear-end ratio.

You must use the platform of the car you sell with the wheel drive it has stock. Meaning the Monte Carlo will have to use the W-Body, the Fusion will have the Mazda 6 platform, and the Charger will have the LX platform. The Monte Carlo will have to remain FWD as will the Fusion, while the Charger will remain RWD.

Up to 4 valves per cylinder may be used, fuel-injection is fine, VVT systems are okay. Turbos and Superchargers are not allowed.

What do you think what would you like to change or add?

Jeremiah 29:11 06-29-2006 10:47 PM

RE: Changes NASCAR should make.

Change it and make them became like the muscle car wars individual cars that all look different and have their own engines.

RLSH700 06-29-2006 11:32 PM

Sounds good! Anyone else.

1 Bad Mirada 06-30-2006 08:48 AM

ive lost interest in NASCAR because of the fact that the series caters to their GM boys, like jimmy johnson and phony stewart. theyre allowed to do whatever they want, and will continue to do whatever they want until one of those a$$holes kills someone...

71CHALLENGER 06-30-2006 02:38 PM

[:@]I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING ABOVE, ALSO I STILL WATCH THEM FROM TIME TO TIME BUT
NOT LIKE I USED TO. STILL HAVE TO KEEP A
EYE ON THE DODGE DRIVERS, SEEE HOW THEIR DOING.
FAVORITE RACING IS NHRA, WILL
TAKE THAT OVER NASCAR ANYDAY.USALLY GLUED TO THE TV
EVER SUNDAY NIGHT FOR THE ELIMINATIONS AND THE
FINALS NO MATTER HOW LATE I HAVE TO STAY UP....[X(]
GET UP AT 5;30 AM, SO IT CAN BE RUFF AT TIMES

SPEAKING OF RACES WILL BE
WATCHING MY SISTER, NIECE, AND NEPHEW TOMMOROW
NIGHT ALL THREE RACE IN THE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CLASS
NEPHEW ALSO RACES MODIFIED RWD.
OH, THESE ARE ON DIRT TRACK OVALS
SHOULD BE A GOOD TIME

71 CHALLY

RLSH700 07-20-2006 01:52 PM

Those are always fun to watch. I can't wait for our demolation derby that my hometown puts on once a year.