Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Chicago Auto Show (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/chicago-auto-show-2424/)

1 Bad Mirada 01-31-2008 11:13 AM

Chicago Auto Show

So, although we had been planning on it, recent health issues combined with a serious health condition in the family will prevent us from attending the chicago auto show. Enough of the bad news.

Who WILL be attending? Whoever is willing to take some pictures, I will get them posted on the forum (with full credit, of course), and Im planning on doing an article to compare the differences between the two vehicles. (concept and production)

Albeeno 01-31-2008 11:57 AM

RE: Chicago Auto Show

That's too bad man. I'm sure you're very disappointed. Get well soon!

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

So, although we had been planning on it, recent health issues combined with a serious health condition in the family will prevent us from attending the chicago auto show. Enough of the bad news.

Who WILL be attending? Whoever is willing to take some pictures, I will get them posted on the forum (with full credit, of course), and Im planning on doing an article to compare the differences between the two vehicles. (concept and production)

deranged 01-31-2008 12:31 PM

I'll be taking Mrs. deranged there for valentines day!:D She really does enjoy that show-go figure. Anyhow I got a digital camera that I know nothing about around Christmas. I got a memory card for it as well and plan on filling it with Challenger pics. How many do these things hold anyway? Seriously, I'll try to capture every detail possible. I know nothing about downloading though, so Pat you can educate me on the how to when I get back. Hope everything will be alright with you and yours.

Hey Albeeno, I love that picture! Where'd you get it?

1 Bad Mirada 01-31-2008 06:51 PM

deranged, if you tell me how many megapixels your camera is, and how big the memory card is, i can tell you about how many it will hold. if you can get a bunch of pictures of as much as you can get, i will get them up on the site. once ive seen an official picture of the car from all angles, i will do my compare and contrast article. im hoping that dodge releases some shots to the press soon. they have only officially released those close up shots...

the health issue isnt mine..at least not the severe one. amandas grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer, and going away right now just isnt a good idea.

MGDMike 01-31-2008 06:58 PM

Sweet God.. I hope everything will work out and will keep you and Amanda in my prayers. If you need anything just ask.
-Mike

P.S. And please got those pics deranged! I'm starving over here in Iraqi world of some new pics of the Chally!

deranged 02-01-2008 11:11 AM

It's an 8.2 megapixel with a 1GB memory card. I'll be all over the Challenger, well at least as close as they will let me get. I'll try to get all angles and some underhood, interior, as well as underneath shots. Hey! Who's that crazy a$$ nut crawling around on the floor! I don't mind because this is a dream come true for an old MOPAR head.

Sorry to hear about Amanda's Grandpa. Tell that sweet thing we're all thinking of her and we all hope for the best outcome.

Mike I'm sure glad to see you posting after what seemed like a very long time of not hearing from you. But I think that is understandable given your circumstances. I'll get a bunch of pics, believe me. Stay safe over there buddy and you are in all our prayers over here.

BootCamp 02-01-2008 01:01 PM

Not sure what kind of display they'll have in Chicago and Philly, but I can't imagine it being "roped off" where you can't drown your senses in the new Challenger feel, smell, look, seat position, etc.
Any pics you can get will be great, Bud. I won't get a chance to get that close to the car until early April here in upstate NY. I'll have to get my fix vicariously through lucky folks such as yourself until then.

Can I "jones" for something I didn't have in the first place? It feels like I can/am.

1 Bad Mirada 02-01-2008 01:10 PM

i believe that the average 8 megapixel camera, in its highest resolution mode, will hold about 232 photos on a 1gb memory card.

im also hoping to get a new camera in the near future, as my writing is limited due to the camera that im currently using...we were going to buy one before the chicago show, but now im in no rush...

i appreciate the help.

Jeremiah 29:11 02-01-2008 06:48 PM

Hey! Who's that crazy a$$ nut crawling around on the floor! I don't mind because this is a dream come true for an old MOPAR head.
I was on my belly taking picture of the underside and the pretty Dodge lady said, " it would take a car like the Dodge Challenger to make a guy crawl on his stomach". I just laughed as I continued looking under this magnificent car.

mopar2ya 02-02-2008 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I was on my belly taking picture of the underside and the pretty Dodge lady... <snip>
Uhhh... pictures of the Challenger?? or the lady?? :eek: