Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Chrysler Group Delivers More Technology to the Masses (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/chrysler-group-delivers-more-technology-masses-2220/)

Jeremiah 29:11 12-27-2007 06:53 PM

Chrysler Group Delivers More Technology to the Masses

[font="Times New Roman"]

Chrysler Group Delivers More Technology to the Masses

In a year when Chrysler Group continues its momentum of new vehicle introductions, it
is also launching even more new technology. With eight all-new and five refreshed
Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles this year, new technologies such as the 4.7-liter
engine, 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo-diesel, MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System,
SIRIUS Backseat TV™ and the Sky Slider™ full-length open roof reinforce Chrysler
Group’s product leadership.

“New product, and the technology that makes up that new product, is the first step in
establishing a firm foothold in the rapidly shifting marketplace,” said Frank Klegon,
Executive Vice President — Product Development, Chrysler Group. “At Chrysler Group
we have a robust customer focus, offering more fuel-efficient and powerful engines, as
well as a variety of industry-exclusive features such as SIRIUS Backseat TV, MyGIG
Multimedia Infotainment System, Sky Slider full-length open roof, Swivel ‘n Go™ seat
system and Chill Zone™ cooled beverage holder.”

With a focus on fuel efficiency, performance and refinement, Chrysler Group brings two
new engines to market this year. The new 4.7-liter V-8 is engineered to deliver
significantly enhanced customer experience and value, increasing fuel economy while
simultaneously improving performance. The new 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo-diesel engine
sets the heavy-duty performance standard with an outstanding combination of
horsepower, torque and refinement, while delivering emissions-reducing technology that
allows the engine to meet 2010 clean-diesel emission standards.

Chrysler Group’s renowned 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine now features a new, unique
“Fuel Saver Mode” display, included as part of the Electronic Vehicle Information Center.
Fuel Saver Mode lets drivers know when they are in four-cylinder mode, allowing them
to modify their driving habits for improved fuel efficiency.

Chrysler Group is offering a full range of entertainment and communication technology
for 2008. The company will be the first and only auto manufacturer to offer SIRIUS
Backseat TV, providing three channels of TV programming delivered directly to the
vehicle. The innovative MyGIG system both expands availability across multiple vehicle
lines and comes in a second version. Available on fourteen Chrysler Group vehicles for
2008, MyGIG is a cutting-edge multimedia audio and entertainment system. The MyGIG
Multimedia Infotainment System features multiple ways to save and play back music,
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, UConnect® Hands-free Communication and navigation with real
time traffic – all with voice recognition and touch screen control. New for 2008, the
MyGIG Entertainment System utilizes the entire 20-gigabyte hard drive for music storage
and management, with optional SIRIUS Satellite Radio and UConnect Hands-free
Communication System. On both MyGIG systems customers will also be able to view
their photos and store their favorite music and photos on the unit’s hard drive using
Chrysler Group’s first USB 2.0 port interface. Additionally, a seamless iPod interface is
available on many Chrysler Group vehicles to play music through the vehicle’s speakers,
charge/recharge the iPod when the ignition is on, display artists and music choices on
the radio and pause play when the UConnect system receives a phone call. With this
system, the iPod can be controlled through the radio controls and the remote steering
wheel switches (if equipped).

For added customer benefit and customer value, Chrysler Group is expanding the
availability of many stability system features in the 2008 model year. Electronic Stability
Program is standard on all Chrysler Group sport-utility vehicles – a claim no other
manufacturer can make. Trailer Sway Control, which reduces trail

RLSH700 12-28-2007 09:09 AM

RE: Chrysler Group Delivers More Technology to the Masses

Some of these ideas I think should be used on more than just the models they are used on. I can't figure out why the heated and cooled cup holders are only being used on the mid-sized cars. I think this should be available on all Chrysler models as that is certainly a luxury item. The 6-speed transmissions are something that I think they should be using as a mainstream offering and not an exclusive offering as the competition is using those in more than just their best offerings now. I don't see how the 4.7L that really doesn't offer anything new to the industry belongs on this list, though I will say that the improvement is significant and it is pretty impressive. The fuel saver mode display is nice. Shortly after the break started, I went test driving and drove a 300C and thought it was fun to see when the MDS was in effect.

MGDMike 12-28-2007 09:59 AM

I want them to do some R&D on repellent for punks who like to key up cars.[:@] Now, thats useful!:D Unlike the fabulous and sought after "puddle lamps":eek:

RLSH700 12-28-2007 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

I want them to do some R&D on repellent for punks who like to key up cars.[:@] Now, thats useful!:D Unlike the fabulous and sought after "puddle lamps":eek:
Perhaps they should take a page from the movie "The Naked Gun" where they developed a wall that would spray spray paint on punks who were trying to write graffiti on the wall.:D Or how about those stick cartoons that show different security systems on cars that get revenge on punks who are trying to break into their cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI4M...eature=related :D