Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   College Graduate (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/college-graduate-2173/)

RLSH700 12-17-2007 09:03 PM

College Graduate

I have good news to share with all of you. Despite the terrible whether we had last week and losing our football game at the championship for the third time in a row[:@], I am now a college graduate with a B.S. in Marketing. Once I find out what my official grades were from the semester, I'll let you know. It was a very trying semester (sometimes making me feel a little crazy[sm=headbang.gif]), but it is finally over. Now the job search begins. Thank you all for your support during the last 2 years and most of all thank you God for your help. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]

joeyr 12-17-2007 09:08 PM

RE: College Graduate

Congrats [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]. I am happy for you, do you have an idea of the job you are looking for?

RLSH700 12-17-2007 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

Congrats [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]. I am happy for you, do you have an idea of the job you are looking for?
Thank you! Not entirely sure yet, I've been so busy with school I didn't have a chance to start seriously filling out applications. I'm going to start by applying at different marketing firms as well as at places where I have relatives and friends employed who have good things to say about their employers.

BootCamp 12-17-2007 11:31 PM

"Dear Santa,
I have been really good this year. I busted my tail and got my marketing degree.
All I want for Christmas is a JOB WITH DODGE!"

[sm=drooldude.gif]
Sound about right? ;)

Congrats on getting your degree!

jdb840 12-18-2007 02:48 AM

Congrats RLSH700!

When you in college the day seems like it will never come. YAY all of the long nights studying is finally over! I wish you the best, and good luck with the job search.

1 Bad Mirada 12-18-2007 06:07 AM

congrats!!! :)
i remember the feeling of that constant stress being removed when i graduated [8D]

MGDMike 12-18-2007 06:18 AM

Congrats man!! You've earned it now go and celebrate!

RLSH700 12-18-2007 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

"Dear Santa,
I have been really good this year. I busted my tail and got my marketing degree.
All I want for Christmas is a JOB WITH DODGE!"

[sm=drooldude.gif]
Sound about right? ;)

Congrats on getting your degree!
LOL! That about what I was thinking about asking for Christmas. "All I want for Christmas is a job for my degree. A job for my degree, you see, my Marketing Degree!":D Thank you BootCamp!

ORIGINAL: jdb840
Congrats RLSH700!

When you in college the day seems like it will never come. YAY all of the long nights studying is finally over! I wish you the best, and good luck with the job search.
Thank you, jdb840. That's exactly how it felt, I don't think there was one night this semester that I got to bed before 2:00 a.m. with all that annoying studying and projects. Thank God that I will no longer have to deal with groups that are extremely lazy without being paid to deal with their laziness.

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
congrats!!!
i remember the feeling of that constant stress being removed when i graduated
Thank you, 1 Bad Mirada! It was time for me to graduate as the stress was getting to be too much. Two weeks ago on Wednesday in the evening, I suddenly fainted because of the stress I was under (that would have to be the third time in my life where that happened and the first time due to stress). After that I decided I needed to take it easier and worry less about my projects and the fact that my group members did the bare minimum to finish the project.

I'll tell you, it is a strange feeling as you get the diploma case (the Diploma comes in the mail within a week) and it dawns on you. "I put in all this work, stayed up on numerous nights, gave myself headaches, spent a small fortune, and all that happen is I wear this black gown that isn't even our university's color, put on this stupid looking hat with this annoying tassel that keeps whacking me in the face and suddenly its over and I have to find a job. What a rip off![:@]" LOL!:D

Just kidding, my time was worth while and I gained more from it than just a rolled up fancy piece of paper. I'm feeling better each day as the stress is disappearing and I'm feeling optimistic about my prospects.

DSkippy 12-18-2007 06:39 AM

RLSH700, Congrats dude! Excellent. It's kind of funny how something you're working towards sneaks up on ya before ya know it.

Just remember when going into interviews, relaxed enthusiasm! I know it sounds contradictory, but go in positive and relaxed. Try to be sure to get some practice interviews in (with companies you're not real torqued up about), this will give you a chance burn a few just to get them under your belt and hone your style. You may also accidentally fall into a job you really like!

Again...excellent job congratulations!

TechmanBD 12-18-2007 07:02 AM

Congrats and good luck with the future. I remember when I was done with school. Happy days.

And like DS talks about in interviews. He is right about being positive and relaxed. At first I was stressed, didn't really get offers, once I relaxed and basically act like it wasn't a big deal to get the job, it seemed like I was getting more 2nd interviews and job offers. But be positive, if they ask about a particular skill, and you don't know, don't BS, say that you are not familiar but definatley willing to learn with a positive attitude. Also if you don't think a company is not right for you, you should still go in for an interview just to get the practice.