Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives - worst show ever (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/desperate-housewives-worst-show-ever-3743/)

Billionaire 07-04-2008 06:54 PM

Desperate Housewives - worst show ever

Are there any other guys who can't stand this show?
My aversion to this show is as much or more than Paladin's aversion to Mustang variations.
I think it's because it's such a chick show. It's the chickiest chick show ever.
Watching this show is like being castrated.
The voice of the narrator is like 100 times worse than nails on a chalk board.

BootCamp 07-04-2008 07:15 PM

RE: Desperate Housewives - worst show ever

Never seen it. Honestly don't watch that much TV. When I do, it's Discovery Channel, History Channel, A&E and The Learning Channel.
Okay - two shows on network TV; Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, and Hells Kitchen.
The rest of TV programming really sucks as far as Im concerned.

Justinec101 07-04-2008 07:32 PM

I think it's been cancelled actually. ABC is pretty much the worst network. It cateres to ditzy middle-aged women.

I mostly stick with nbc, the office, heroes, conan. . .

Yankee 07-05-2008 03:27 AM

It hasn't been cancelled, it's just on summer hiatus.

Yes I'm married, and yes, my wife's a fan. :D

It's not so bad, it's at least miles better than America's Next Top Model, another one of the wife's favorite shows. THAT is a show that I conveniently make myself scarce for. [:'(]

Jeremiah 29:11 07-05-2008 08:09 AM

Actually, I like the show as it give me an opportunity to spend time with the wife. It actually makes me laugh.

Yes, I like some chick flicks. That being said, I also like action, scifi, and adventure movies as well such as the Bourne Identity series
and recently I think "The Kingdom" is one of the best movies I have seen lately.

I will probably also watch Hancock and the Incredible Hulk this weekend. I have always like Marvel, and I have about 25 of the original Spiderman comics from when I was
in elementary school which is when the comic series was born.

RoswellGrey 07-05-2008 04:10 PM

Speaking of shows, I just got the first season of "Mad Men" on DVD (I missed it when it was on last year). A FANTASTIC program. I recommend it highly, especially for anyone old enough to actually remember the early 1960s.

RLSH700 07-08-2008 06:40 PM

I've never watched it mostly because the title did not inspire me. Also from the ads I saw and the fact that I sometimes like to research who will be acting in a show, when I saw that they were going to have someone who was previously from a soap opera, that pretty much turned me off. I generally don't like ABC's programming; though if the truth be told, the only conventional network that has programs that I like is pretty much Fox. NBC pretty much lost me after they lost Seinfield (I never liked "Friends") and SNL is so far gone it's a shame that it shares that name with the show that used to have decent jokes, CBS never had much that I liked, and well the WC (yes I know it's supposed to be the opposite order but I think this describes what it is) is a lost cause. The only other thing that I will occasionally watch is a documentary on PBS or this old house (that is how dull television has become when a person in his mid-20s has to watch shows that are geared for their parents or grandparents). The truth of the matter is I'm so busy, I barely ever watch TV. When I do, I normally throw in a DVD of 3rd Rock from the Sun, Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, Magnum P.I., Monk, Malcolm in the Middle, Red Dwarf, Seinfield, Mystery Science Theater 3000, or one of my many movies.