Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   do not accept mail from MANNINBLACK (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/do-not-accept-mail-manninblack-7252/)

wp23n 01-26-2010 03:55 AM

do not accept mail from MANNINBLACK

do not accept private mail from MANNINBLACK

Cuda340, djb0308, Doozle, jdb840,
</SPAN>
who besides the members above and myself received this private message yesterday?

BARE IN MIND THAT I AM ONLY POSTING THIS FOR REFERENCE SO PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here:
//www.check-pc.net/detected/Cud...e;jdb840;wp23n
Thank you. Forum member.
__________________________________________________ ______

THIS IS A SPYWARE LINK SO DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR YOUR COMPUTER WILL BE INFECTED

TO THE OWNER/MODERATORS OF THE SITE, WE ARE GETTING HAMMERED LEFT AND RIGHT NOW
AND QUITE FRANKLY I AM GETTING TIRED OF IT.

PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB OF MANAGING THIS SITE, I COME HERE TO GET INFORMATION ON MY CHALLENGER AND POSSIBLY PASS ON INFORMATION, NOT TO GET A VIRUS

BLK 6050 01-26-2010 05:26 AM

I have noticed the same thing....it's getting so bad that I have started to delete any new messages that come from somebody who doesn't look familiar....If it keeps up I will stop using the private Messages feature all together.........

It's also why I stopped replying to so called new members when I see only one posting....many are turning out to be uncredible......

I have to agree with wp23n:

"I COME HERE TO GET INFORMATION ON MY CHALLENGER AND POSSIBLY PASS ON INFORMATION, NOT TO GET A VIRUS"......

stevelegel 01-26-2010 08:20 AM

I have a PM notification, which I have not opened. Is there a way to delete it without opening it?

BLK 6050 01-26-2010 08:36 AM

Yes.....

Go to your Private Messages Folder
Check the box next to the message you would like to delete
Then go down to Selected messages, hit the arrow and select delete
At this point just hit the GO button and it will delete the message

Hope that makes sense...if not I will reword my message.....

RoswellGrey 01-26-2010 09:36 AM

I hadn't even looked at my PM listing lately -- within the past week, I'd gotten 10, all of them suspicious looking. Needless to say, they were all deleted, unopened.

canadiancanuck 01-26-2010 01:09 PM

I had it, as soon as it opened I figured it was a linkbot, deleted it.

I do find it rather odd that over the past 30 days we have seen approx: 12 spambot members and 2 virus loaded pm's.

I think the best and easiest way to combat this, is to upgrade the platform and apply a "spell text box" this tends to keep out the majority of spamware.

RLSH700 01-26-2010 01:32 PM

On behalf of the site, I apologize. We appear to be having a problem with spammers lately. I'm going to see what can be done about this. If there are any other people doing this, let me know.

canadiancanuck 01-26-2010 02:05 PM

^ no apologies needed, it's going to happen regardless the site, I was an admin mod on another car site years back and it was a simple upgrade to the platform to fix that issue,

not sure what it costs now to upgrade a platform, but it's always another option.

stevelegel 01-26-2010 04:52 PM

Got it...did it..it was from Maninblack...it's gone now without being opened.
Thanks for the help.
Steve

jdb840 01-27-2010 03:35 AM

Thanks for the info, I'm glad I checked the thread before I opened it.