Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/dodge-demon-roadster-concept-%96-simple-soul-artful-attitude-make-radical-results-1072/)

Jeremiah 29:11 02-12-2007 11:21 AM

Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Looks like a Pontiac Solstice to me but I am sure a better car.

Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Dodge has issued the following press release:
Feb. 12, 2007

The Dodge Demon concept is a compact, nimble “roadster with an attitude,” a perfect balance of classic sports car proportion and simplicity blended with modern design and performance. The vehicle will be shown for the first time at the 77th International Motor Show in Geneva next month.

“While the iconic Dodge Viper is a dream car for many, the Dodge Demon is designed to be an attainable dream car,” said Jae Chung – Dodge Demon Principal Exterior Designer, Chrysler Group. “The exterior design is simple yet bold, featuring an energetic combination of curves and intersecting planes.”

The bodyside of the Dodge Demon main character line flows up and over the front wheel, then drops diagonally to an angular color-keyed vent on the rear fender that directs cooling air to the rear brakes. In similar fashion, the compound rear fender surface curves up and over the rear wheel, sweeping into a broad diagonal plane extending to the taillamp. The resulting muscular fender form projects boldly beyond the main body, underscoring that the Dodge Demon concept is a rear-wheel-drive machine.

The rear surface of the body is divided into three planes with two chamfered outboard planes, dominated by long, tapering trapezoidal taillamps. The taillamps sport translucent red inset lenses that surround LED back-up lamps.

Up front, the signature Dodge crosshair grille is stuffed into an aggressive, menacing, trapezoidal opening that thrusts boldly forward.

Set into elongated angled triangles, the projector headlamps, delineated by bright rings, are set into black chrome bezels, giving the front end mean-looking “eyes” that accentuate the grille opening. Encompassing the upper portions of the front fenders and sporting two recessed air outlets, the Dodge Demon’s hood is hinged at the front, adding a just-for-fun performance-car look and feel.

Featuring an open-spoke design, the wheels are pushed to the corners of the body for a dramatic stance and capable performance. The 19-inch brushed aluminum wheels are set into assertive, asymmetrical openings that reprise the body’s playful combination of curves and planes.

The beltline kicks up at the rear and into the higher deck lid contour, giving the lucky occupants an encapsulated, protective feeling.

“In the manner of timeless British sports cars, the interior of the Dodge Demon is purposely functional, not frivolous,” said Dan Zimmermann – Dodge Demon Principal Interior Designer. “Everything relating to the driving experience is emphasized, while that which is not is made visually secondary.

“The well laid out instrument panel, for example, is familiar, yet modern. Everything you really need – the gauges, circular AC outlets, radio – is encapsulated in a cross-car brushed aluminum bezel that also accentuates the width of the cabin. Secondary controls and features, such as the HVAC knobs and the passenger-side glove box, are located below this bezel,” Zimmermann added.

In a similar functional manner, the floor console is deliberately not a part of, or attached to, the instrument panel. The console is dominated by the squat ready-at-hand silver and black manual shift knob, and its leather boot is set into a bright trim ring. The wide, brushed aluminum console bezel also incorporates the recessed emergency brake handle, with the window switch gear, softly lit cup holders and 12V power outlet organized into a graphically unified shape. The upper portion of the instrument panel, including the cluster brow, is accented by a stitched seam with contrasting silver thread.
“Each of these features is set flush, or nearly flush, with the bezel surface so as to establish a ‘clear zone’

joeyr 02-12-2007 05:03 PM

RE: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

I wonder the price tag is going to be, it looks nice. Here's some more pics, got them from edmunds:

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/A2BC4039A6124ED6A17DD816E304FEA6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/64EA0B3A751142348F850AC73E1D0F5A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/8E5C6B1AF32E4FB09C386A0B47CA489D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/374/1BAF9FB04AB74CA9897B9ABD4B7BD66C.jpg[/IMG]

Jeremiah 29:11 02-12-2007 05:40 PM

RE: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Some more looks.

There is a company that makes a Pontiac Solstice with a huge V-8. I have also included the picture down below.

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

Introducing the Mallett LS2 V8 Solstice!

All the horsepower of the Corvette slammed into the Pontiac Solstice. The 400hp GM LS2 engine is an awesome addition to this super slick roadster. Mallett Cars has engineered it as a complete package. Extensive track and street testing has been done to assure that this car handles better than stock on either a Sunday drive or on a road course. The cars are complete from front to back using Genuine & Official Licensed Products of GM with the stock OEM catalytic converters in place to assure state emission compliances. Our package retains stock features such as cruise control, ABS brakes and all OBD-II diagnostics. And only Mallett Cars will back this kind of performance with a 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty.

ONLY 100 CARS WILL BE BUILT! With a base price of only $19,995 (not including car) they will be sure to go fast. Packages are still available. Order yours today!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/683F7D0BC372435488F19B591DB34695.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/E79A2ED16B354A4E90AFE8B7BB09F23C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/560376260EDD45DBA542DEAC1D4B7FFA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/7238DEA28E8747529AECE92B23B5BBC2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/B4D5670751A74DDA90A1A6B4E55B4F92.jpg[/IMG]

Jeremiah 29:11 02-12-2007 05:45 PM

You’re looking at Dodge’s new roadster concept, and you can be excused for wondering if you’ve seen it somewhere before. The Mazda MX-5¬sized Dodge Demon draws a great deal of its proportions and visual character from both the iconic Japanese roadster and a small host of others, including Nissan’s 350Z and Dodge’s own Viper. The Demon is distinctly Dodge, but it’s also distinctly familiar.

Still, familiarity doesn’t always bode poorly. Mazda’s first-generation Miata was a blatant styling update of the 1960s Lotus Elan, and that fact didn’t hurt its sales one bit. And although the Demon may seem derivative, it’s nevertheless good-looking. (For the record, we love it.)

Dodge claims that the Demon is intended to be an “attainable dream car” and a spiritual successor to both the original Miata and that car’s British predecessors. The curb weight sits at about 2600 pounds‹roughly 150 pounds heavier than the Mazda but nearly 400 pounds lighter than the Pontiac Solstice. Power comes from Chrysler’s 172-hp, 2.4-liter I-4, and a six-speed manual transmission lies under the Demon’s narrow center tunnel.

Most of the rear-wheel-drive roadster’s underpinnings are borrowed production-line parts (Viper rear suspension, Caliber front suspension), and the simply arranged interior is peppered with corporate switchgear.

Certainly, an inexpensive roadster makes sense for the Dodge brand; despite positioning itself as DaimlerChrysler’s stateside performance house, the division’s only true sports car is the $85,000 Viper. And while Dodge admits that it hasn’t closely examined the Demon for production feasibility, experience lends some hope--the Challenger concept was given the green light just six months after its debut, thanks largely to public reaction. Our advice to you? Start writing letters. And to Dodge? Build the sucker already.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/85FD2DF7CA1C411EB19DC695DC8162D1.jpg[/IMG]

RLSH700 02-12-2007 06:09 PM

Although chances are I wouldn't own one (since the Miata makes me feel closterphobic), I still say they should make it. The Solistice and Sky have been selling very well. I like the way this car looks. Although I'm not thrilled about them only having I4s for the powertrain without a V6 option, it will still give the Miata and the Solistice/Sky a run for its money. Good job DCX if you produce it. This car will also help Dodge to recapture the younger enthusiast crowd which they need to survive.

I just got done talking about this at DF and there are some that are not thrilled about them naming it the Demon because they think it tarnishes the Demon's heritage. I don't have a problem with it because in my eyes this is a modern interpretation of the Demon (cheap performance). I just think the name may not work because most people who remember the Demon will most likely not want a tuna can-sized two-seater roadster, and the Demon name was dropped the first time because of religious reasons. I would have gone with the trendier sounding name the Razor. Since products such as the Motorola Razr have made the name be associated with being compact and good-looking, it can't hurt to give it that name.

1 Bad Mirada 02-12-2007 08:27 PM

i wrote a short piece and a long piece...the short piece is up top on www.SRTBlog.com , and the long version will be posted on DF.
for the record, ive seen a few mallet slowstices in person, and the full scale high performance package is around 60,000 on TOP of the price of the car.

Jeremiah 29:11 02-12-2007 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i wrote a short piece and a long piece...the short piece is up top on www.SRTBlog.com , and the long version will be posted on DF.
for the record, ive seen a few mallet slowstices in person, and the full scale high performance package is around 60,000 on TOP of the price of the car.

Gosh, you know how to pop a ballon........$60K + yuck!

RLSH700 02-12-2007 10:39 PM

$60,000? Note to DCX, you can over charge for a Mercedes but you can't for a Dodge nor a Chrysler. Don't believe me, look up the Prowler.

joeyr 02-12-2007 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Some more looks.

There is a company that makes a Pontiac Solstice with a huge V-8. I have also included the picture down below.

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm

Introducing the Mallett LS2 V8 Solstice!

All the horsepower of the Corvette slammed into the Pontiac Solstice. The 400hp GM LS2 engine is an awesome addition to this super slick roadster. Mallett Cars has engineered it as a complete package. Extensive track and street testing has been done to assure that this car handles better than stock on either a Sunday drive or on a road course. The cars are complete from front to back using Genuine & Official Licensed Products of GM with the stock OEM catalytic converters in place to assure state emission compliances. Our package retains stock features such as cruise control, ABS brakes and all OBD-II diagnostics. And only Mallett Cars will back this kind of performance with a 2-year, 24,000 mile warranty.

ONLY 100 CARS WILL BE BUILT! With a base price of only $19,995 (not including car) they will be sure to go fast. Packages are still available. Order yours today!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/B4D5670751A74DDA90A1A6B4E55B4F92.jpg[/IMG]

I think I saw this car on the "powerblock" last sunday morning.

RLSH700 02-13-2007 12:17 AM

I think the magazines talked about this at least a year ago. It was as fast as the LS2 Corvette.