Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i wrote a short piece and a long piece...the short piece is up top on www.SRTBlog.com , and the long version will be posted on DF.
for the record, ive seen a few mallet slowstices in person, and the full scale high performance package is around 60,000 on TOP of the price of the car.

Gosh, you know how to pop a ballon........$60K + yuck!
I actually priced one out and the total package came to $51,000.00 US including car, who gave you the $60,000.00 plus car price?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results

Looks sweet! Lets see how it performs though.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Administrator

its from their site, but i rounded up, sorry..

on their site, maybe we are looking at different things? every category that i look at says "does not include car"...the reason that i spoke up quickly, is that ive been involved in a discussion about this recently...someone posted a comment that "you could have a solstice that pounds a Z06" and he brought up the blown ls2 package, which is 52 grand...the ls7 package is 47,000, NA, plus the cost of the car...but this is like putting a BBC in a chevette..it might fit and make a ton of power, but the chassis just isnt made for it...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Oops you were referring to the Solistice V8 package. $51K isn't too bad really. That is $7K more than a Vette C6, the Solistice is more nimble and woould probably do better on the track. $51K for a 400hp V8 car isn't that bad.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Administrator

thats 51k to modify it...the cheapest solstice is 22,115 per pontiac.com...thats 73 grand for the car...

the solstice, like other roadsters, has a weight distribution of around 50/50 give or take a few pounds...that is why the s2000 handles so well, and to take out a tiny 4 cylinder and replace it with an LS7 as well as a much beefier suspension, trans and rearend setup, the extra weight has to take its toll on that little chassis, as well as throwing off the weight distribution.

so unless everything some how works out perfectly, you dont have a slowstice that will beat a Z06...you have a 73,000 dollar slowstice that has as much/more power than a Z06...there is a difference.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick I'm confused here.
ORIGINAL: purnrg

I actually priced one out and the total package came to $51,000.00 US including car, who gave you the $60,000.00 plus car price?
Is it $51K for the total or $51K + the price of the Solstice?

Now to your other points. A LS2 Solstice will not outrun a Z06, based on what I read it is no faster than the base level Corvette. Yes the 50/50 weight distribution definitely helps it corner better and the larger engine would hurt that factor, but the Solstice is in fact shorter than the Corvette and (correct me if I'm wrong) this helps the cornering. The smaller the car the easier it is to get around a track as opposed to a larger car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator

true, but its not like we are talking about a coupe de ville compared to a mini cooper...they arent THAT different in size..

purnrg said that it includes the car, but i looked on their site, and it says that the price listed doesnt include the price of the car.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I think the magazines talked about this at least a year ago. It was as fast as the LS2 Corvette.

I am not sure it is much faster than the Dodge Challenger.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/EF3D072133894E1FB9CF5E34000309CC.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Patrick: okay that resolves that. I still think it would corner better, maybe not a world difference but enought to make a difference in the extreme parts on a track. I guess it once again depends on what you value. Space & price or a slight cornering advantage and a different look. Remember the people who will get a Solstice with an LS2 are getting it because they really want it, it isn't just a factory option like the Z06 from what I understand.

Jeremiah: That's about the time of a base level Vette. The Challenger is rated at 4.5 secs and 13.0 secs on the quater mile if my memory serves me correctly. Slightly faster but not that much faster. Thanks for posting it though.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly! When I saw the numbers I thought, they looked real close to the Dodge Challenger.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Dodge Demon Roadster Concept – Simple soul, artful attitude make for radical results