Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Drive (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/drive-1246/)

Justinec101 04-15-2007 09:12 PM

Drive

Well Fox did their 2 hour premier of Drive tonight. I was watching bad sunday tv all day so I figured I'd give it a chance. It was actually pretty good. Anyway, the 3rd episode is on tomorrow at 8 and it looks like the main character will make his move to his new car which is a Challenger. In tonights episodes he was driving a crappy old pickup. . .

lear4406 04-16-2007 07:39 AM

RE: Drive

Man I continued to watch last night just hoping for a look at the Challenger. Then I saw what they did to the Charger and man what a waste of a good machine. But I will watch tonight to maybe catch a glimpse of the Chally. I notice that hollywood has jumped on the Challenger band wagon. We are seeing them everywhere. They better hold on, this bandwagon is fast. I like the attention that we are getting and the exposure is always that the Challenger IS ONE BAD RIDE. When TV thinks of fast and mean, they use a Challenger or a Charger. Good guys drive DODGES. Also the plot thickens. Good viewing.

TechmanBD 04-16-2007 12:14 PM

I watched it last night expecting not to be impressed. I actually liked it so far. I am a Nathan Fillion fan since his roll in Firefly and Serenity, and one of the creators is from Firefly.

Justinec101 04-16-2007 10:04 PM

Yeah I like him as well. I saw Serenity but never watched firefly.

Tonight they had the 3rd episode and the unveiling of the Challenger was done in a really cool way. It's basically shown to be the best car in the race now. I wonder how much Dodge had to fork over for all that glory.

davecpa 04-17-2007 12:41 AM

i just saw the show for the first time tonight.... and the challenger was the star..... no if ands or butts about it. i just wish they would race it against a camaro and a stang instead of an impala and a mini van.

lear4406 04-17-2007 06:53 AM

AHHHHH.. the unveiling. The Challenger stole the show. Nothing like an R/T to save the day. Give the other cars a 2 hour head start and run em down. I know I know it just hollywood. But the idle on that Chally in the end was well worth the wait. I went out last night, hugged my Challenger and said goodnight. Drive is getting good.

TechmanBD 04-17-2007 10:15 AM

Justinc101. I recommend checking out the season of Firefly. Good show. It has 14 episodes, 2 were never aired. I still can't figure out the cause of Fox cancellingthe show. I would say right now, it is my all time favorite show.

That Challenger is bad ass. Davecpa, they do have that white transam that the soldier is driving.

What the show has that peaks my interest, is all the Mind games the people, whoever they are, play. And then Alex Tully's past has peaked my interest and what he has done.

lear4406 04-18-2007 08:13 AM

I remember the sister telling the LEO that the Challenger was a 72. Well she's wrong. We know that it is a 70 R/T. Also says 426 HEMI on the hood. Good choice, if your going to be bad.... be real bad.

RoswellGrey 04-18-2007 05:55 PM

I think it says Magnum on the hood. I ran the tape back several times to try to read what it said but couldn't tell for sure. However, the lettering appears too long for just Hemi. Also, at idle, it sounds like a 440.

TechmanBD 04-18-2007 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I think it says Magnum on the hood. I ran the tape back several times to try to read what it said but couldn't tell for sure. However, the lettering appears too long for just Hemi. Also, at idle, it sounds like a 440.
Something to note. Most of the time, the engine sound is put in at post production, so you never know where they got the engine sound. It can be from anything.