Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Ever just had one of those Mondays? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/ever-just-had-one-those-mondays-462/)

RLSH700 07-25-2006 10:32 AM

Ever just had one of those Mondays?

Am I the only one who seems to have bad luck on Mondays? Yesterday was a BAD DAY for me period. My Check Engine light went off in my Intrepid along with a feeling of uneven firing in the engine, so my plans for yesterday went under, and to top it off my great aunt on my mom's side passed away from stomach cancer. My Grandmother and her siblings all had stomach cancer; however, my grandmother servived it just to get ALS (aka Lou Gehrigs disease) and die four years later, a year before I was born. How was yesterday for you?

TechmanBD 07-25-2006 10:44 AM

RE: Ever just had one of those Mondays?

Sorry to hear about your bad day. Seems like when it rains it poors sometimes.

My day yesterday, was uneventful. Worked(snore), went home fixed 2 sprinkler heads in this nice 100 degree weather.

RLSH700 07-25-2006 11:41 AM

Thanks TechmanBD, I appreciate it.

My theory in life is when you think you have it bad, talk to others and you begin to feel better. 100 degree weather? ICK! Are you living in California or something? Yesterday was one of the cooler days here in the World's arm pit, I mean the Midwest.

TechmanBD 07-25-2006 12:03 PM

Yep. Basically I live in what is called the Valley area. Gets hot here. Saturday was recorded 119. Hotest day EVER recorded here.

RLSH700 07-25-2006 01:31 PM

Please tell me that is dry heat. If that is humid heat (70% or above), that must be miserable.

TechmanBD 07-25-2006 02:15 PM

Not as dry like AZ, there is a little bit of moisture in the air, but not even like the mid west

RLSH700 07-25-2006 02:21 PM

Okay then it isn't as bad as 119 degrees in the Midwest. Then 119 is more liveable in your area than it is in my area.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-25-2006 05:19 PM

I have been to Las Vegas and for me 110 degrees is hot not matter if it hot, wet, or anything else.

RLSH700 I so sad to hear about your bad Monday and the death in your family. Losing family members
can be hard and so is the grieving process but you know that there is always hope.

RLSH700 07-26-2006 04:22 PM

Thanks Jeremiah. There is more than hope in my mind Jeremiah. She had a very, very deep faith in God and was very generous. She died with a positive attitude. I must correct an error that I was told about today. She didn't die of stomach cancer, she died of a heart attack. She had stomach cancer but it didn't kill her. She requested in her prayers that God would take her by heart failure instead of cancer and God answered that prayer. This is good because she didn't suffer as much as she would have if it had been the cancer that killed her. She died in her sleep ironically at the time she would get up in the morning.

She set a local record of working 25 years straight without missing one day of work. When it would snow (remember this is the midwest), she would call the police to take her to work. Not one sick day or anything. She had faith without a doubt that she would join her husband in heaven, who died 41 years earilier. She was 2 months shy of 88 years old.

I went to the funeral today. Her one Grandson did a really nice speech (which he does as his career). He was born without arms and does everything with his feet, including driving (I'm not kidding about this). He made a video about how he overcame not having arms, and they show him driving with his feet. A rather interesting thing to see.

As for the other issue I had to deal with, the problem with my car was of all things the spark plugs. I could have sworn I had them done 46,000 miles ago but I only did the wires. You know, I just can't figure out why they just can't get stock OEM spark plugs to last longer than 136,500 miles.;) I'm surprised they lasted that long. It doesn't seem possible that they could have lasted that long, but they did. I never knew spark plugs would set off the "Check Engine" light. I was afraid it was the Intake Manifold gasket, again. That sucker is not cheap to fix. So today has been a good day overall.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-26-2006 05:39 PM

"She died in her sleep ironically at the time she would get up in the morning. "

Awesome, that means she woke up in Heaven......that is so cool and what great imagery to see what that must have been like.

I am glad you shared that with me. The consolation for you is that you will see her again. What a tremendous amount of peace for you and for all of us
when our friends and family move on.

I met someone who worked at NASA in Houston and when he would go to the cafetoria to eat.....he would take his shoes off and use the
fork and knife to eat his meal with both of his feet. That was amazing feat of feet dexterity. LOL! Of course, someone would alway carry his try food tray
as he was born with no arms.

Wow, that is a lot of miles on spark plugs. Back in the day, you would be lucky to get 50K miles because back then the lead in the gasoline
would wear out the plugs sooner. With the advent of electronic ignition and unleaded gasoline they last much longer.