Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Glass Cleaner (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/glass-cleaner-4317/)

tdub2112 08-18-2008 01:45 PM

Glass Cleaner

So I used some Windex and paper towels to clean the glass on the vette, it was not a streek free shine and and left paper towel. flakes al over the glass. what works better?

RoswellGrey 08-18-2008 02:05 PM

RE: Glass Cleaner

The best thing I've found is to go to Walgreens and go to the section where they sell eye-care products. They sell little moistened towelettes that are supposed to be used for cleaning eyeglasses. (It notes on the box that they also can be used for computer screens.) I always use a couple of them to finish off cleaning the windows after I have used Windex and paper towels. The little towelettes get rid of the streaks and any residue from the paper towels. Also, never try cleaning the windows if the car is sitting out in the sun. Do it in the shade or in the evening when it's still light enough outside to see what you're doing.

Andre@Edge 08-18-2008 02:07 PM

Windex and newspaper

RoswellGrey 08-18-2008 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Windex and newspaper
You must have worked at the Vickers Oil Co. too! They always insisted on that for doing the windows of the station. ;)

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-18-2008 02:26 PM

Paper is wood.....would you use wood? I use wood for well...any way I use that SPRAYWAY and towels. The Sprayway is hard to find but I did see it at Sams Club Saturday. Always spray on towel first. Is ok on plastics also.
My wife says it is at COSTCO also.
Outside RAINX.
Newspaper.......the comic section right?

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-18-2008 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

Paper is wood.....would you use wood? I use wood for well...any way I use that SPRAYWAY and towels. The Sprayway is hard to find but I did see it at Sams Club Saturday. Always spray on towel first. Is ok on plastics also.
My wife says it is at COSTCO also.
Outside RAINX.
Newspaper.......the comic section right?

OK,Guy at work here says newspaper...OK

Andre@Edge 08-18-2008 02:42 PM

I have been using newspaper for 25 years and wont change now. When I wash the car and can dry it fast enough, nothing is needed outside. On the inside I use windex, or Mopar glass cleaner in a can. Save the comic section RUBBERBNDMAN.... This will give you something to read while driving :-)

Andre@Edge 08-18-2008 02:43 PM

LOL, your a good man to admit it

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-18-2008 02:45 PM

I sell bundles of paper,clean no print,If you come up Andre you get one.

TRW762X51mm 08-18-2008 02:46 PM

I use Meguiar's NXT Glass Cleaner and or Stoner Glass Cleaner: Invisible Glass. These glass cleaner are great. But the Meguiar's is the best one I have ever used, safe for window tint also. [sm=smiley20.gif]