Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Guess what this is? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/guess-what-1578/)

Cuda340 07-14-2007 06:11 AM

RE: Guess what this is?

I got it!

It is the antennae from atop of the World Trade Center.

Racer X 07-14-2007 07:26 AM

The only movie that I can think of with all that gear was.... The Cable Guy

Racer X 07-14-2007 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I got it!

It is the antennae from atop of the World Trade Center.
I think your right! I was thinking about that last night but where the tower sits looks like sand or dirt. I figured it was sitting on the ground so I never gave it a second thought.

Jeremiah 29:11 07-14-2007 10:55 AM

Congratulations Cuda340 you are the man. That is right answer.

So how did you figure it out? Did the hints help?

I actually took that picture while I was standing on the other tower a couple of years before 9/11. I took it real hard when these towers went down
since I had a sense of the danger these people had at these altitudes.

Two more questions.

Why is the picture so tall?

Why did I take that picture?

Jeremiah 29:11 07-20-2007 05:34 PM

For the curious:

The picture is tall because I used Nikon panaramoic camera and turned it on its end.

The reason I took the picture is because being a ham radio operator I have an appreciate for large antennas
and the work it takes to put them up.

Very sad that we will never see it again in real life.

The last time you saw it was when the fire fighters hung a flag off of it since that was the only thing sticking out of the rubble.

Something I have pondered. If was was stuck on the roof and I knew the building was going to collapse. Would I have the guts
to crawl to the top of the antenna strap myself and and survive the ride down. The antenna did survive. The poisonous smoke
might kill me but maybe I could stick my t-shirt over my nose. The crazy things I ponder. I just like to play the what if scenario.

What would I do in that same situation?

What would you do?

Nero 07-21-2007 06:41 AM

That seems logical. However I think the fall would kill you. Yes the tower servived, but at what rate was the tower falling, MPH? With no protection and no way to strap in, other than a belt from your pants, its anyones guess. Plus the tower's weight was equal on all sides. Given, most people don't weigh more than 200 pounds, but still it maybe enough to cause a problem.

RLSH700 07-22-2007 02:40 PM

I agree with Nero, it would have killed anyone who was up there. The vibration of the structure from the floors pancaking on top of each other would probably snap all the bones in your body. If I was in there and couldn't get out in time, I'd rather go out quickly. I'd say my prayers and call my family one last time.