Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   How do I support our sponsor? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/how-do-i-support-our-sponsor-328/)

RLSH700 06-28-2006 09:44 PM

RE: How do I support our sponsor?

How much is Amanda's Ram dynoing? Did she beef up the transmission or did she get a manual put in there somehow? I can't imagine the transmission could actually handle too much more stock.

1 Bad Mirada 06-28-2006 10:54 PM

her transmission is not stock, but its noting crazy. i have never had it on a dyno, and neither has she...dynos are expensive, and pointless for what they cost...

there is a guy on dragtimes with a similar truck, a few less mods, with a long bed, who ran 15.08...he said that the truck weighed about 4400 dry, so figure around 4600 race weight, which would make about 270ish whp.

RLSH700 06-28-2006 11:17 PM

Impressive. So did she add some upgrades to the 46RH or did she get a heavier duty transmission? 270WHP espically impressive since the original output back in 1994 was 230hp and that wasn't at the wheels. Did she ever consider the "R/T Performance Package?" That was supposed to add 46hp and 51 ft-lbs of torque.

1 Bad Mirada 06-29-2006 10:01 AM

i honestly dont know what is done to the trans (it is the normal trans)...it had a shift kit added before she got it...it shifts well, doesnt leak, etc...

the RT stuff is REALLY expensive..its ridiculous. they are something like 500 bucks a PIECE, bare...thats why i dont like the magnum motors...they arent compatible with any of the good head packages that i have laying around from the mirada.

RLSH700 06-29-2006 03:01 PM

The total package I was refering to was supposed to cost around $1750 all together. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to do this. What did they do to the LA block when they changed it to the Magnum that made it so incompatible?

1 Bad Mirada 06-29-2006 03:10 PM

i believe that to increase the air flow, they relocated the pushrod holes and such. something like relocating the pushrods allowed them to have more direct ports through the heads, and increased flow...but everything costs a fortune for them, and i want very much to swap to a carbed non-magnum engine, but she prefers the ease of fuel injection...

her truck is the first magnum engine that ive dealt with, and i know that my heads off the mirada wont even bolt up...even little things like the valve cover bolt locations are different.

RLSH700 06-29-2006 06:35 PM

Really? I thought all they did was use different heads and that was it. What all did they change when they switch from LA to the Magnum series.