Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I hate Tuesdays as much as Mondays (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/i-hate-tuesdays-much-mondays-2080/)

RLSH700 12-04-2007 05:29 PM

I hate Tuesdays as much as Mondays

Something I have found is that people generally hate Mondays as it is the first day back to work or classes. This is probably one of the reasons why there was a song about how they couldn't trust Mondays. The thing I have discovered is I really hate Tuesdays. It seems like Tuesday is actually worse than Monday as everything that I had to deal with on Monday is back on Tuesday and the patience people might have shown on Monday as everyone knows Mondays are no fun, is gone. It's like suddenly the grace period is gone and now you have to deal with the full headache. This is particularly bad in the college environment where instructors seem to enjoy planning tests on the beginning of the week. This is why Monday's stink and this is why Tuesdays are just as bad as it is the second Monday of the week and it is not better the second time around if you ask me. Any thoughts on this observation?

stevelegel 12-04-2007 06:57 PM

RE: I hate Tuesdays as much as Mondays

Sorry to hear your dilemma. Mondays at my office are typically unpredictable. Tooth problems creep up over the weekend (eventhough I work every other Saturday), and people's life problems crop up too. As a result, Mondays are prone to emergency calls and cancelations. If they fall in the right order the schedule stays full and there's enough time for what needs to be done. If the calls come in wrong order, the day is a stressful shambles. All part of the beast. Tuesdays are the days that iron out the Monday mix ups.

For my hobby stuff, I usually finds out about stuff to add to collection or something goes wrong working on one of the cars, and Monday I am in the milleau of seeking help for my problem or contact for something for the collection. Tuesdays seem like better days to call, as the recipients of my call are less burdened by the Monday calls.

My utility bills have customer service phone numbers...they even suggest calling on Wednesday afternoons, as there is less traffic then.

Overall, I'd say it's a combination of what's going on in your life, do you like it or not, and how you cope, adapt, and accept strife and stress.

For me, I like my life and my work, I am blessed, I look forward to the start of everyday.
Steve Legel

1 Bad Mirada 12-05-2007 08:23 AM

I understand what youre saying, especially from a college student standpoint.

When in college, i played for the hockey team, and we practiced late at night on Monday and Wednesday night from 1030pm to 1230am. During my last few semesters, due to my need to work while in school, I had classes only on tuesday and thursday, and on tuesday, i had the following schedule:

9-10:15

11-12:15

1-2:15

2:30-3:45

4-5:15

5:45-8:10 (this class was comprehensive tax...it was terrible.

my thursday was the same, except i didnt have a night class on thursday.

however, with my line of work now, every day is just as bad. im sure that sounds ridiculous, but every day is the same BS for us...even weekends.

joeyr 12-05-2007 09:55 AM

Agreed, RLSH700. I have a final in finance in a few hours [&o][&o]. I only had classes on Monday and Wednesday this semseter, from 8-3. The class I had in advertising was on Tuesday night. I had to drop because of an accident I got into a few weeks back. This spring I'll go Monday thru thursday (I'll miss having that schedule).

DSkippy 12-05-2007 11:41 AM

Finance....[:'(]

Yeah, I don't care to ever see my TI-35 ever again. Got a B in the 6 hours I needed in Finance...but under protest! ;)

Jeremiah 29:11 12-05-2007 04:37 PM

You should have used an HP financial calculator.... they are much better.

joeyr 12-05-2007 08:53 PM

TI BA II plus was my calculator, my teacher had one so i followed suit for when I had questions.

DSkippy 12-06-2007 04:42 AM

I'm pretty sure you can download the emulators for most of these, these days. So get any 'Nix/Qtopia capable palm top computer and rock it out. I don't intend to ammortize, find future values of money, or any of that stuff anymore. I'll talk to my bank, my accountant and place possibly naive trust in them.

My financial plan is a nice chunk o' Vanguard TSX, Profitsharing with my company, savings account at ING and 3 e529(or some other tax deferred savings accounts) for the kiddie poos. The wife wouldn't let me try to tripple their college savings down in A.C.!

;)

But I think I remember the HP, that was the one that had two screens and did graphing?

joeyr 12-06-2007 09:04 AM

yeah, but my teacher worshiped her calculator you know, on the Powerpoints she would have step by step calculations for using that hers and I liked Texas Instruments anyway. but the hp sounds good as well.

RoswellGrey 12-06-2007 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

You should have used an HP financial calculator.... they are much better.
Jeremiah, these kids have it easy. When you and I went to college, we had to move around piles of rocks to do calculations. ;)