Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   I'm sorry, I can't respect GM! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/im-sorry-i-cant-respect-gm-109/)

wallstreetman 02-14-2006 02:08 PM

I'm sorry, I can't respect GM!

The people at GM should have spent some time in jail for that Vega fiasco! Why did Vegas smoke after 40,000, we'll, putting a piston inside of an aluminum block without a steel sleeve is blantant robbery if you ask me! They deserve to go under if you ask me!

Paladin06 02-14-2006 02:12 PM

RE: I'm sorry, I can't respect GM

The USG will never let GM go under. They will bail them out just like they did Chrysler (civilian automotive) and Lockheed Martin (Defense Contractor).

wallstreetman 02-14-2006 02:20 PM

Chrysler deserved to be bailed out, they never stooped to ripping people off! If they take my tax dollars and give em to a criminal, I've got something to say about it!

Paladin06 02-14-2006 02:35 PM

I know what you mean but we all pay the salaries, through taxes, of all those Politicians and they are the biggest crooks of all.

TeeWJay426 02-14-2006 02:46 PM

Might want to come up with a more relevant example.... after all, the Vega hasn't been in production for what..... 30 YEARS???!!

wallstreetman 02-15-2006 03:55 PM

We will never forget!

deranged 02-17-2006 08:48 AM

People just seem to mindlessly keep going back to GM after getting burned time and again. While I'll never understand this phenomenon I do see a new trend of people realizing that there are more offerings out there from other makers that people are very happy with. Of late I know of several devout Chevy owners that have become DCX brand owners. Theres hope for them yet!

RLSH700 02-17-2006 05:52 PM

RE: I'm sorry, I can't respect GM!

Although my mother had one of those POCs, I have to say that they might not have known quite as much about metals and engines as they do today. Prison sounds a little harsh. That was many years ago.

Deranged, I hear you on that. My parents are rediciliously loyal to GM. They have had 5 lemons out of 7 GM vehicles, and they still consider buying them and still hold on to their GM card, which they have never used the benefits of yet. Our Chrysler products have outlived our GMs by 30,000-60,000 miles on average, and have much fewer problems and still work good before we trade them in.

B00SS 03-10-2006 01:58 PM

Gee wallstreetman, you didn't happen to buy one of these or something, did you?

GENX_HEMI9 04-30-2006 07:32 PM

All im saying is GM over FORD any day!!!!!!

2007HemiCuda 05-01-2006 10:26 AM

We will never forget!
I forgot.:eek:

RLSH700 06-02-2006 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: GENX_HEMI9

All im saying is GM over FORD any day!!!!!!
I'm the opposite. I'll take a Ford over a GM based on the fact that I have had some decent Fords that last and have had nothing that I would call reliable from GM.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-02-2006 08:57 PM

I'll take a Ford GT over a Corvette Z06 any day.

How do you like that apples and orange comparison? LOL!

RLSH700 06-05-2006 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I'll take a Ford GT over a Corvette Z06 any day.

How do you like that apples and orange comparison? LOL!
Good and so would I for one reason. The Ford GT will be worth more in say 30-40 years then the Corvette will. An investment.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-05-2006 10:50 PM

You'll find one of my posts where I talk about a dream car for many years and finally reality took over. But I still love the Ford GT/GT40
and the legacy and history of kicking Enzo at Le Mans. I wish I could have been there.

They could have called it the GT44 but I guess it does not have the same ring.

RLSH700 06-08-2006 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

You'll find one of my posts where I talk about a dream car for many years and finally reality took over. But I still love the Ford GT/GT40
and the legacy and history of kicking Enzo at Le Mans. I wish I could have been there.

They could have called it the GT44 but I guess it does not have the same ring.
Yeah but it least I know my dream car is a possibility. A Viper since you can get them used for around $25 grand, granted it will probably need work due to being beaten to HE!! and back, but it would be worth it.

Jeremiah 29:11 06-08-2006 09:59 PM

The Viper is certainly a nice car and has a lot of muscle but have you ever sat and driven in one. I am not that tall
and I can tell you it was a tight fit and the blind spots were horrible.

That being said, this is your dream car and I hope you get it and can post the results of your dream some day on this forum.

Best Wishes.

PS- I could realize my dream by buying a GT40 Mach II version (which is my personal favorite) www.superformance.com and get a $65K version almost all put together without
an engine and transmission.......but that is still way too expensive. Many of the Mach II's have the same hood as a regular Ford GT but look at the rear scoops. Looks like a fighter plane.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/2A1DA56B001242A5B767405C2DE8AB05.jpg[/IMG]

RLSH700 06-08-2006 10:08 PM

Well I thank you and wish you similar luck. No I have never sat in one but I know how those types of cars are like. My aunt had a '99 Mercedes SL500 convertible, and that was a tight squeeze, plus the seats had little cushion and it sat too low. This is more of a weekend car. I will probably have either a Ram, a used Charger, or 300M as my daily commutor. Of course this is several years down the road. It is partically an investment idea because I believe those will gain their value back in say 20-30 years.