Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Immigration by the numbers (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/immigration-numbers-1319/)

Jeremiah 29:11 05-09-2007 02:54 PM

Immigration by the numbers

Please look at this video then tell me what you think:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8068265&q=numb

GENX_HEMI9 05-11-2007 01:55 PM

RE: Immigration by the numbers

Immigration should always be welcome, the country is founded on it. I deal with imigrants all the time, my profession is law enforcement. I hear other police officers complain about immigration, I think its selfishness. They are filling the jobs that lazy americans wont fill. They work hard for less pay! They are changing the face of america and eventually the system will balance its self out. I disagree with the video.

awsure 05-11-2007 04:43 PM

Pretty indicative that we have a problem coming. I live in AZ and am of two minds about the subject. I agree that most of the immigrants simply are in a desperate situation but I am worried about those with a Koran & a plan. Long term I think we need to push on countries like Mexico to improve their own backyard.

BootCamp 05-11-2007 04:44 PM

I have no problem with LEGAL immigration. As GENX_HEMI9 said, it's how this country was founded, grew, and continues to diversify. The only "native" Americans were pushed onto reservations many years ago.

MY ONLY problem with immigration is when ILLEGALS come into this country and act as if they have the right to try to change our country, society and laws to suit thier personal / political agenda. If it's so bad here that they need to change things BEFORE becoming LEGAL citizens, why are they leaving THIER country (in droves) in the first place?

That's all I'll say about immigration.

Nags 05-11-2007 05:00 PM

if you want to come to this country then do it leagelly, and learn to spek English. I have a one year old and it makes me sick to watch Elmo and hear him teaching my kids spanish. if i where to move to France or any other country to become a sitzin i woul dhave to lern to speak French. all of the illeagle people living in this country makes me sick. I am all for people wanting to become a part of the GREATEST country God has ever givin man. but do it like my ancesters did and everyone eles has done and incorporate your self into America not expect me to learn Spanish, French, German and every other tounge out there. this is America Speak English.

Jeremiah 29:11 05-11-2007 08:51 PM

While I appreciate your comment, I think the numbers in the video are very valid. The problem in your statement about things balancing out is not necessarily true.

Because of our democracy, and with the large numbers in immigrants, what you will get is a voting population that will vote the officials and laws they want
and there is not anything you can do about it.

Kinda like a person with a 5 grade education and another will a college education their votes are the same. Well if enough Mexicans come into this country and vote what they
want.......guess what, the laws and officials will go in their favor. What is their favor? Well maybe more welfare, benefits, and social security as an example.

That is putting it in simplistic terms, but I think you get the idea.

Remember what the video is talking about is our officials allowing huge numbers into this country without thinking about the consequences.

We need to control the numbers of legal immigrants into this country and stop the illegal stuff. We will not be able to handle the infrastructure issue.

We all pay huge medical bills to offset the ones that do not have insurance. This will not get better with these growth numbers.

lear4406 05-12-2007 03:15 AM

I am strongly in favor of stoping all illegal immigration and closing the borders for security reasons. I do not hate the people who are coming, for I know that they are looking to live the American dream also. But there is a lot of education that needs to be taught to any immigrant coming into our land. They must also understand the laws and the way of life that we lead. We can't start people out with the idea that breaking our laws to start with is alright and there is no repercussions from lawlessness. And you don't break into a guests house and when discovered there, take freely what you need and then tell the guest that you are now adopted. Then procede to partake in the inheritance. I think a solution can be meaded out, but first we need to put a stop to the illegal flow. The guest worker deal could work if applied correctly. Most coming to our country through the back door, don't really want to be US, they just want to have a job and return to Mexico to reap the benefits of their illegal endevor. So lets come up with a plan and have the reslove to see it through.

GENX_HEMI9 05-13-2007 02:52 AM

whether there legal or illegal is a political observation, Immigrants are Immigrants there here for the same reason. There only illegal cause the government cnat make money off them. ENGLISH is not an official langauge, Why dont you learn spanish? you might even make more money in your career. Open your mind to different things thats what America is about!! the average european knows 2 or more languages. Yeah terriorist are immigrating to the America nothing we can do to ever stop it, no matter how hard we try. "If there is a will there is a way". terriorist are people in way were brain washed to think a different way. All we can really do is stop the next Generation to follow the same footsteps. Everything boils down to money, TOO many immigrants will cause finicial stress on our economy. We need to work a plan with the immigrants and the economy to balance it out, and eventually someone will figure it out!!!

McDonald 05-13-2007 12:11 PM

That is crap Illegals should not be allowed here, should be deported back or should be a 10 year offense if caught here illegally i guess that would solve everything prisons would be full for a while but Mexican natives would get the point then put up a fence problem solved.. Sure they will still do it but you will see that number chopped in half then chopped again and again. Then if they want to come and not spend 10 years in prison for being illegal just learn English pass an English test 100% then pay 15,000 for a green card because the cost to be an American should not be cheap. I am just glad my ancestors came over to America from Ireland and Italy LEGALLY!!!!!

GENX_HEMI9 05-13-2007 02:53 PM

your big to deport them but youll make them serve 10 years in prison IN AMERICA makes no sense. A fence their not dogs, their people. I dont think a fence will stop them just a thought......waste of money!