Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Interesting Contest - Mopar Fans! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/interesting-contest-mopar-fans-2051/)

DSkippy 11-29-2007 06:01 AM

Interesting Contest - Mopar Fans!

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20071...9112007-1.html

1 Bad Mirada 11-29-2007 08:07 AM

RE: Interesting Contest - Mopar Fans!

how should we know who is the most "tuned out" when they dont show the cars or anything?

I make a living talking and writing about cars...my only hobby is my cars, and i own 7 dodge products. i have a collectables museum in my house and my wife has a dodge tattoo..and between the two of us we have been in 5 different magazines in one way or another, although one of them was a mustang magazine...

i win.

DSkippy 11-29-2007 09:49 AM

I think they were talking about people not cars. In which case, you certainly have a case. I would petition! ;-)

Don't mention Mustang.....you'll get Albeeno all worked up! ;)

1 Bad Mirada 11-29-2007 09:55 AM

but we dont know if those people do anything with the cars...the guy who spends the whole time in his garage might be running a meth lab for all we know...:D

ive seen people on other forums who rant and rave about their cars, and they drive things like an almost stock 1st gen stratus sedan, with rims and a bunch of tacky interior trim paint work...the car looks like crap, and everything is poorly done, and even then, the stuff that they do shouldnt take up so much of their time...someone being a bumbling idiot, who spends hours in the garage trying to figure out how to change their brake pads doesnt impress me...and it shouldnt impress anyone else either. on the other hand, if these guys are all driving in fully dressed up cars with built engines...whether for drag racing or a dyno queen, at least thats something...

my hockey equipment spends alot of time sitting in the garage, but that doesnt mean that its making my cars faster...:D

DSkippy 11-29-2007 09:59 AM

I'd think you have the proverbial better mousetrap if you could produce engine tweaking hockey equipment!

I'd have it do other stuff too, like lawn work, painting....you could revolutionize the sports equipment industry.

I wonder if that guy's wife'll ever figure out the true reason for his "hobby", is she out there too, probably not! ;-)

1 Bad Mirada 11-29-2007 12:23 PM

the last big-ish job that i did was full brake job on the laser...and amanda did one side while i did the other. :)

RLSH700 11-29-2007 12:38 PM

That's the problem you would run into. Most of the cars that have all of those tacky looking exterior changes never have anything done to the engine, probably because they spent so much money on making it look "fast" when it really looks gawdy that they didn't have money left over to making the car actually go as fast as they act like it is. I prefer modifying the engine and leaving the exterior alone. This way when the ricers are winding up their angry sounding weed eaters, you can not only defeat them (which is not a difficult task in the first place) you can blow them away so bad its not even funny. Then they'll add a couple hundred Vtech stickers (adding +10hp a piece;)) and you'll blow them away just as bad and the look on their faces is priceless.:D

I'd say Patrick wins on this site. That Mirada sounds like it can do some amazing things especially for what it had to start out with. Don't get me wrong the Mirada had the potential, the problem is it was built at one of the worst times for standard engine power output despite the size. Probably took more work than other cars that came standard with performance small blocks, like say the Challenger T/A. The Mirada was more of a personal luxury coupe (a Thunderbird, Grand Prix, Monte Carlo, Cougar, Cutlass Supreme, Grand National competitor) as opposed to a pony car (Mustang, Firebird, Camaro).