Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   An interesting site (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/interesting-site-1789/)

RoswellGrey 09-18-2007 08:13 AM

An interesting site

This might be of particular interest to our friends in Canada. Of course, you get only this guy's side of the story and he apparently quit working on the site sometime in 2005, well before the end of the lease on his Dodge Caravan. Also, you probably could find similar stories from people with vehicles from any manufacturer. Still, it's quite a horror story:

http://www.donotbuydodge.ca/

IndigoCrush 09-26-2007 07:36 AM

RE: An interesting site

I wonder if it hasn't been updated because nothing has changed and he was tired of repeating himself or if the issue was somehow resolved.

RLSH700 09-26-2007 04:46 PM

Sites like this are the ones I avoid. The name of the site itself represents a bias. The problem that the person has isn't that terribly widespread, just because they got a lemon all models must suck, etc.

awsure 09-26-2007 10:31 PM

The guy is a TOOL!!! He is asking for lost wages, pain and suffering, blah, blah, blah... Why doesn't he sue? Probably because no lawyer will take his case. What a colossal waste of time and energy.

RoswellGrey 09-27-2007 04:18 AM

Actually, Awesure, he answers the lawyer part in his FAQ section:

Have you tried going through CAMVAP?
CAMVAP is the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan. According to their web site, CAMVAP is "a program where disputes between consumers and vehicle manufacturers about alleged manufacturing defects or implementation of the manufacturers' new vehicle warranty can be put before a neutral third party (arbitrator) for resolution".

I've been told by CAMVAP that more-than-likely they would order Daimler Chrysler to buy out my lease. However, the buyback is done according to a specific formula that cannot be altered. Their formula takes mileage into account and, as a result, I would end up having to pay Daimler Chrysler approximately $2000 for them to buy back my lease. My wife and I leased our van over 4 years knowing that the first year would include a lot of extra travel, but that our mileage would average out over the four years. I AM NOT paying Daimler Chrysler to take back a vehicle with problems stemming from manufacturing defects!he

Why don't you just get a lawyer?
Because lawyers cost a lot of money - which I don't have.

The "pain and suffering" and "lost wages" demands are a crock. His other demands are reasonable, though. As I said previously, we're only getting his side of the story. But if it's at all accurate, the Dodge dealer he got the Caravan from and Chrysler Canada did not do anywhere near enough to resolve the problem -- particularly Chrysler, which doesn't seem to want to communicate with customers at all.

awsure 09-27-2007 08:35 AM

I saw the line about the lawyer & I do not believe there is not a shyster (errr....attorney) out there willing to pile on a car manufacturer. The guy complained about rusty & corroded wires. News flash...water & salt (if they use that to melt the Canadian snow) will do that. How is that the dealer/mfg. fault? This guy has wasted years of his life chasing a white rabbit.

Axel 09-27-2007 08:53 AM

To me, though it would be hard to chew, it would make more sense to "pay" Chrysler $2,000 then to pay them $15-$20,000 for the length of the lease. In all reality you wouldn't be paying them the $2,000 since you would lose more over time.

Awsure, water and salt I know can do that, but I haven't had that problem with any of my cars here. Not through the wires at least. Mag chloride and salt are a favorite out here. As long as you get it in the car wash soon after, there shouldn't be any problems, or the water from the snow that's melting a few days later will help get it "clean" usually. At least clean in the sense that it will hopefully take off the crap they use on the ground.

RoswellGrey 09-27-2007 09:52 AM

He's complaining about the water getting into the vehicle through the roof -- and that it took six months for the dealer to figure out how it was getting in, despite taking it back repeatedly and in essence being told several times there was nothing wrong with it. As it turned out, the dealer finally discovered, oh, they were wrong and water indeed was coming in through the roof!

IndigoCrush 09-27-2007 12:44 PM

I still can't get over the fact he wants $100,freaking,000 for pain and suffering or whatever

RLSH700 09-27-2007 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

He's complaining about the water getting into the vehicle through the roof -- and that it took six months for the dealer to figure out how it was getting in, despite taking it back repeatedly and in essence being told several times there was nothing wrong with it. As it turned out, the dealer finally discovered, oh, they were wrong and water indeed was coming in through the roof!
Sometimes finding the problem is harder than it sounds if this is true and all. Nonetheless, sometimes spit happens, it does not mean that all are this way. My parent's 02 which they bought in 01 has been fine. What I don't like is people starting this crusade against a car company because of a possible factory flaw.