Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   It's Official: Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser Convertible and Dodge Magnum Are History (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/its-official-chrysler-crossfire-pacifica-pt-cruiser-convertible-dodge-magnum-history-1951/)

joeyr 11-01-2007 01:37 PM

It's Official: Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser Convertible and Dodge Magnum Are History

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Say goodbye to several stalwarts of the Chrysler lineup, including the Crossfire, Pacifica and the PT Cruiser convertible. Chrysler confirmed on Thursday that it is cutting those slow sellers, along with the Dodge Magnum, in response to "dealer requests."

"These actions reflect our new customer-driven philosophy and allow us to focus our resources on new, more profitable and appealing products," said Jim Press, Chrysler vice chairman and president. "Further, these product actions are all in response to dealer requests."

The automaker said it will eliminate the four models through 2008.

Chrysler took pains to note that it is adding the Dodge Challenger and the Dodge Journey to its product lineup, along with the Chrysler Aspen and the Dodge Durango.

What this means to you: Chrysler shifts gears in response to what you don't want anymore.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123266

Yankee 11-01-2007 03:01 PM

RE: It's Official: Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser Convertible and Dodge Magnum Are History

I had read in a few other blogs that the Durango (and presumably the Aspen) would be gone after 09... guess this means they've perhaps gotten a stay of execution?

I agree with all of the choices except one: the Magnum. I think it's a damn shame that car is on the chopping block (instead of that god-awful Compass). Guess sales weren't what Dodge was expecting, but that car is definitely the coolest wagon ever made since the 1955-57 Chevy Nomad.

Jeremiah 29:11 11-01-2007 03:27 PM

RE: It's Official: Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica, PT Cruiser Convertible and Dodge Magnum Are History

I too liked the wagon in many ways but someone made the comment to me that it looked like a hearse.

They never looked the same to me after that.

RLSH700 11-03-2007 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

I had read in a few other blogs that the Durango (and presumably the Aspen) would be gone after 09... guess this means they've perhaps gotten a stay of execution?

I agree with all of the choices except one: the Magnum. I think it's a damn shame that car is on the chopping block (instead of that god-awful Compass). Guess sales weren't what Dodge was expecting, but that car is definitely the coolest wagon ever made since the 1955-57 Chevy Nomad.
Well the problem was they weren't selling very well. The Magnum is about one of the only station wagons I consider to be cool, but I believe the problem was still the fact that it was infact a full-sized station wagon and those are simply a thing of the past in terms of popularity. What I see a lot of is people who say they liked them, but none of them actually bought one. I hate to see the Pacifica go as I believe it has a lot of potential, they just needed to take a different approach. The Crossfire I will not miss, I hate cars that are purely rebadged versions of other manufactures. If I want a Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Renault, etc. I'll buy one of those under their own badge, but when I'm wanting to buy a Chrysler, I want to buy a Chrysler. The Pt Crusier needs an update, and if Chrysler wants to prevent all of their products from changing from a star to an old dog, they need to invest in them once in a while or at least use their newer technology in all of their models instead of just the latest models. The Durango and Aspen are about to receive a hybrid version so I doubt they will drop it a year after putting in an investment of that magnatude.