Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Motor Trend Magazine (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/off-topic-6/motor-trend-magazine-171/)

Paladin06 03-11-2006 02:19 PM

Motor Trend Magazine

How many here buy it?

I just got the March 2006 Vol. 58, NO.3. The way it reads sounds like GM is serious about the new Camaro. Of course they mention how it will compete against the CHALLENGER and the stang.

The more the automobile magazines write about the Challenger, the better it is for us.:D

Jeremiah 29:11 03-11-2006 11:34 PM

RE: Motor Trend Magazine

I think many people will buy the Camaro because it will be a fast modern car but I also think some of the older previous owner of Camaro's will shy away from it
because it doesn't quite look like the original. In my opinion, it kinda has some of the lines of the Cadillacs.

The Challenger on the other cannot be mistaken for any other car and it has all of the great memories of the original and none of the bad in the new Challlenger design.

Some of my bad memories of the design include lower front and rear panel went way underneath the car, the wheel wells couldn't hold very wide tires, bad metal protection
cause rust, not a fan of torsion bars, windows shook bad when closing the door, excessive wind noise from the large door windows, etc. etc..

I am patiently waiting.

Jeremiah 29:11

B00SS 03-13-2006 09:34 AM

The Dallas Auto Show is coming up. The Camaro will be there. I hope the Challenger will too. Not that anyone cares, but I will share my impressions.

TruckeeT2 03-13-2006 09:57 AM

I just started getting motor trend in March.

TeeWJay426 03-14-2006 06:40 AM

I've subscribed to Car & Driver for years.... it's really the only mag I get that features modern iron; everything else I read is classic oriented, mainly Mopar stuff. I prefer the editorial style of C & D to Motor Trend; their writers seem to have a little more humor. I don't agree with a lot of the editorial content of either one, though.... they tend both to be too biased towards the imports.

1 Bad Mirada 03-14-2006 08:50 AM

i have done a writeup on the new Camaro, and according to everything that Bob Lutz has said, the Camaro is 100% for sure

RLSH700 03-30-2006 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think many people will buy the Camaro because it will be a fast modern car but I also think some of the older previous owner of Camaro's will shy away from it
because it doesn't quite look like the original. In my opinion, it kinda has some of the lines of the Cadillacs.

The Challenger on the other cannot be mistaken for any other car and it has all of the great memories of the original and none of the bad in the new Challlenger design.

Some of my bad memories of the design include lower front and rear panel went way underneath the car, the wheel wells couldn't hold very wide tires, bad metal protection
cause rust, not a fan of torsion bars, windows shook bad when closing the door, excessive wind noise from the large door windows, etc. etc..

I am patiently waiting.

Jeremiah 29:11
I must agree. This Camaro just doesn't capture my interest and it doesn't make me drool either, like the Challenger does.;) I like the previous model's styling much better than the upcoming styling, and I wasn't a fan of the previous model's styling either. They can do better than this.

Jeremiah 29:11 03-31-2006 06:33 PM

Camaro's brother the Firebird actually look s much better. See below.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/E6DDBE88D6304627BB3721B7EF88552F.jpg[/IMG]

TruckeeT2 03-31-2006 08:31 PM

the firebird is alot better then the camero

RLSH700 04-12-2006 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: TruckeeT2

the firebird is alot better then the camero
Agreed. I was reading through on the most recent comparison between the Mustang models vs. what Motor Trend believes the Camaro will offer. Look at the rear-axle ratios they (Motor Trend) are giving the Camaro. They are intentionally setting this up so then the Camaro will win. It reminds me of their 1998 showdown between the Z28, Cobra, and Formula. They bragged about the fact that the Camaro and Firebird they used was cheaper than the Cobra; however, they failed to mention that the Cobra was more expensive because had some options that the Z28 and Forumla wasn't equipped with (leather, both CD & Cassette, 17 inch wheels, etc.). I don't like either Motor Trend or C & D. I prefer Road & Track. I received a subscription for my birthday.